British tour operators in Kerala on familiarisation tripMay 4th, 2009 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 4 (IANS) Several leading tour operators from Britain arrived here Monday for a four-day Kerala familiarisation trip.
The group includes senior officials of top British tour companies Carlton Leisure, Crystal, Exodus, Explore, Allison Brothers and Kuoni and the United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based Ethihad Airways.
During their stay, the officials will visit Kumarakom, a famous tourist destination in Kottayam district, and take a ride on houseboats. They will also have a first hand experience with ayurveda.
Katie Randall, who represents Kuoni, told IANS that she was “amazed” by the beauty of Kerala.
“This is a place the honeymoon couples from the UK would like. We see lot of business potential here for our clients in the UK and I am really excited,” said Randall.
Kelpesh Patel of Ethihad Airways said they were confident that this visit would bring in instant results.
“See, we do have daily flights form London via the Middle East to Kerala and this is a great place. We are confident that this is an ideal place for those in the UK in December,” Patel said.
- Houseboat business struggles to stay afloat (Kerala Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Now 'Kumarakom musings' for president - Aug 12, 2010
- Snake boat race surges ahead, a man's legacy lives on - Aug 12, 2011
- Planning to holiday in Kerala? It's almost houseful! - Dec 07, 2010
- Ambika Soni to address media community during Kerala visit - Sep 04, 2010
- Watch Kerala's coast, countryside in 'Bidaai' - Feb 21, 2009
- Floating protest: Kashmir houseboat owners cry foul (With Images) - Mar 19, 2012
- Schengen visa processor VFS expands operations - Apr 18, 2012
- Maldives or Uzbekistan - where's your exotic honeymoon? - Oct 09, 2011
- Nehru Boat Race to herald Kerala's new tourist season - Aug 04, 2012
- Golden Chariot luxury train arrives in Kerala - Mar 20, 2010
- Rumours float of Britney Spears visiting Kerala - Dec 30, 2009
- Kerala tour operator to conduct Bridge tournament - Oct 29, 2008
- Responsible tourism: Kerala involves local communities (With Image) - Sep 08, 2010
- Kerala Travel Mart draws huge response - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: allison, ayurveda, ethihad airways, exodus, flights, hand experience, honeymoon couples, houseboats, kerala, kuoni, middle east, senior officials, thiruvananthapuram, tour operators, tourist destination, united arab emirates