British Midland International airline starts London-Amritsar serviceOctober 14th, 2011 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, Oct 14 (IANS) British Midland International (BMI) airline Friday started direct flight operations between London and Amritsar.
“Our new connection to London offers unprecedented convenience and real value to UK-bound travellers from Punjab and will strengthen economic and cultural ties between the two regions,” said Wolfgang Prock-Schauer, chief executive, bmi.
According to Prock-Schauer, the airline would also focus on business and leisure travellers on the route.
“Business and leisure customers now have a real choice and greater flexibility when travelling to London, connecting from there within the UK or flying onward to North Atlantic destinations with one of our partner airlines.”
The company said that the service would be operated thrice-a-week, with an average travel time of about 12 hours on a one-way trip.
“Service is operated on a wide-body Airbus A330-200 aircraft. It accommodates a total of 232 passengers and is configured with 36 Business Class and 196 Economy Class seats,” the company said in a statement.
The statement said that the economy class return fares start from Rs.38,848 (including taxes)
- British airline to begin Amritsar-London flight - Sep 08, 2011
- Jet Airways to launch New Delhi-Hong Kong daily flight - Aug 24, 2009
- Jet Airways chief executive resigns - Oct 08, 2009
- Jet Airways offers low return fares to London - May 06, 2009
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- Jet Airways ties up with Brussels Airlines - Apr 17, 2009
- Jet offers special benefits for students flying abroad - May 19, 2009
- Virgin to restart Mumbai service in October - Mar 15, 2012
- Jet Airways to connect Gulf with Dhaka via Mumbai - Aug 26, 2009
- Jet Airways to increase low-cost operations - Aug 20, 2009
- More Johannesburg-Mumbai flights - Jun 14, 2012
- South African Airways is sole carrier on Mumbai-Johannesburg route - Jun 14, 2012
- Jet Airways launches Mumbai-Hong Kong service - Apr 14, 2008
- Jet Airways sacks three pilot, calls strike illegal - Sep 08, 2009
Tags: airbus a330 200, amritsar, bmi, british midland, british midland international, business class, direct flight, economy class seats, flight operations, international airline, leisure travellers, partner airlines, prock, punjab, return fares, route business, schauer, travelling to london, trip service, unprecedented convenience