Britannia to invest over Rs.200 crore in new plantsJuly 2nd, 2011 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 2 (IANS) Food products maker Britannia Industries Ltd is planning a total investment of more than Rs.200 crore this fiscal for setting up two plants in Orissa and Bihar, a top company executive said Saturday.
“We have done well across all segments, not just in biscuits but in cakes, bread and dairy. Last year, Britannia grew 22 percent in revenue and 30 percent in terms of profit. We want to be on growth track this year too. The company is planning an overall investment of more than Rs.200 crore this fiscal,” said Vinita Bali, Britannia managing director, on the sidelines of FICCI’s national executive committee meeting here.
“This will include investments for its upcoming plants in Orissa and Bihar and also the expansion works at its Taratala plant in West Bengal,” she said.
The firm was planning to start production at its upcoming manufacturing facilities within a year, Bali stated.
“We are growing at 25 percent year-on-year in West Bengal. Our dairy products are doing well in the state,” she added.
- Britannia to invest over Rs.200 crore this fiscal (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 02, 2011
- Britannia planning greenfield projects - Aug 09, 2010
- Britannia to foray into diabetic-friendly products - Aug 06, 2011
- Britannia targets women with new biscuit - Jul 16, 2011
- Britannia plans to import sugar - Aug 31, 2009
- Bengal aims for 14 percent growth rate: Minister - Jul 02, 2011
- Roofers to start production soon at cement plant - Sep 17, 2012
- Keventer plans to set up food park in Bengal - May 26, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Britannia Industries enters milk-based drinks segment - Oct 30, 2009
- Emami to make Rs.1.25 billion capital expenditure - Aug 08, 2012
- ITC trying to 'fast forward' Rs.25,000 crore investment plan - Jul 27, 2012
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Murugappa group plans Rs.1,000 capex in 2012-13 - May 10, 2012
- Lumax investing Rs.150 crore on new plants, capacity - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: bihar, biscuits, britannia, cakes, committee meeting, company executive, crore, dairy products, food products, industries ltd, managing director, manufacturing facilities, national executive committee, orissa, plants, rs 200, segments, sidelines, vinita bali, west bengal