Britannia for major advertising campaign to promote brand nameSeptember 29th, 2008 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 29 (IANS) After a gap of five years, leading biscuit maker Britannia is all set to launch an advertising campaign to promote its brand name on the electronic media next week.”We have not promoted Britannia brand as such in the last many years as we were only promoting our singular products like Tiger biscuits or Good Day biscuits,” Britannia category director Anuradha Narasimhan told reporters here Monday evening.
“However, this was part of our marketing strategy. At first, we wanted to strengthen the image of the products that we are offering in the minds of the spectators. And now, we will work for the image building of Britannia brand by launching two commercials on television,” Narasimhan said.
In India, Britannia biscuits are leading with over 33 percent of the market share. Britannia has its manufacturing units at 70 locations across the country.
Presently, Britannia is offering biscuits, cakes and breads under the brand. The latest addition in their offering is Britannia daily fresh curd that was launched in Feb 2008 in some parts of the country.
“In India, packed food market is of about Rs.600 billion ($13 billion) of which the biscuit market accounts for Rs.80 billion. In 2007, Britannia’s share in the biscuits market was Rs.27 billion,” Narasimhan said.
She added that in India, the average per capita consumption of biscuits per year is 800 grams whereas in the developed countries it is over 2.4 kilograms.
“We are increasing our market operations throughout the world as Britannia biscuits were launched in Sri Lanka last month. In 2007, we had acquired two companies in the Middle East,” she said.
- India's biscuit industry heading towards premiumisation (Feature) - May 03, 2012
- Britannia targets women with new biscuit - Jul 16, 2011
- Britannia may go for 6 percent overall price hike - Dec 17, 2011
- Parle eyeing 25 pc market share in snacks segment - Mar 25, 2012
- GSK to decide on rural drink after test marketing results - Oct 06, 2010
- ABD launches new brandy in Kerala - Feb 02, 2012
- Beverage makers set for summer war in $10 bn market - Apr 09, 2012
- Britannia to target housewives to boost snacks sales - May 03, 2012
- Britannia planning greenfield projects - Aug 09, 2010
- India to draw 7-year strategic plan for tea industry - Sep 15, 2010
- Bhupathi goes online to sell sports merchandise - May 25, 2012
- Trying to build beauty brand? Find a USP - Feb 08, 2012
- Electrolux licences Morf India to market Kelvinator purifiers - Jun 04, 2012
- Eyeing small town India, subsidised condom set to be trendier - Jun 25, 2012
- Britannia to invest over Rs.200 crore this fiscal (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 02, 2011