Britannia buys out partner in New Zealand dairy unitApril 28th, 2009 - 12:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 28 (IANS) Biscuit major Britannia has bought out its partner Fonterra’s 49 percent stake in their joint venture in New Zealand, Britannia New Zealand Foods, the company said in a regulatory statement Tuesday.
Britannia had set up a dairy business with Fonterra Cooperative Group, one of New Zealand’s largest dairy companies, in 2002.
With the acquisition, the Indian firm gains complete control of Britannia New Zealand Foods.
The size of the deal was, however, not disclosed.
- Dairy giant buys Indian pharmaceutical firm - Aug 31, 2011
- New Zealand-based Fonterra to establish large-scale dairy farms in India - Nov 12, 2010
- Britannia to invest over Rs.200 crore this fiscal (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 02, 2011
- Punjab may have venture with New Zealand's dairy giant - May 23, 2010
- Britannia to invest over Rs.200 crore in new plants - Jul 02, 2011
- Hero Group arranges funds to acquire Hero Honda stakes - Mar 08, 2011
- Cash-rich Piramal picks up another 5.5 percent in Vodafone - Feb 04, 2012
- 'Africa-focussed Indian firms should be aware of regulatory changes' - Oct 30, 2011
- China's Huawei to buy Symantec stake - Nov 15, 2011
- Morocco looking for more joint ventures with India: Ambassador (Interview-Second Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Renault, Russian firm set up JV - May 03, 2012
- French Danone to exit Britannia by selling stake - Apr 06, 2009
- Britannia targets women with new biscuit - Jul 16, 2011
- Animal welfare panel concerned over mega dairy project - Aug 12, 2011
- Morocco contributing to India's food security: Ambassador (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012