Britain’s second largest airline bmi opts for Technopark IT solutionFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 3 (IANS) bmi, Britain’s second largest airline and a Star Alliance member, has opted for Tehcnopark-headquartered IBS Software’s new generation IT solution for managing loyalty programmes for its passengers, it was announced here Tuesday. The iFly Loyalty software will help the airline to administer its frequent flier programme (FFP) and customer relationship management (CRM) functionalities like campaign management, feedback management and even fraud detection, an IBS statement said.
Juliet Hutchin, head of loyalty at bmi, said the airline will, for the first time, have a single customer database across its loyalty programmes.
“With the capability and flexibility of iFly Loyalty, we’ll really be able to unlock the revenue generating potential of our loyalty programs through personalized customer communication and highly targeted campaign activity,” Hutchin added.
IBS chief V.K. Mathews said that given a turbulent global economy, the challenges of building strong customer relationships have become even greater.
“iFly Loyalty helps retain customers by improving customer service quality. We are confident that our system will enable them gain a competitive advantage,” Mathews added.
IBS Software is a leading global provider of new-generation IT solutions to the travel, transportation and logistics (TTL) industry. The company operates out of 14 business centres in the Americas, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa.
bmi has a fleet of over 50 aircraft and operates in excess of 1,800 flights a week. iFly Loyalty will enable it integrate with other Star Alliance member airlines.
Star Alliance, with over 16,500 daily flights to 912 destinations in 159 countries, is the world’s largest airline network.
- Polish Airlines opts for Technopark IT firm's software - Aug 09, 2012
- Cathay Pacific opts for Kerala IT firm's solution - Feb 07, 2011
- IBS Software acquires Moveo Systems - Nov 01, 2011
- SriLankan Airlines chooses Kerala IT firm's software - Feb 18, 2009
- Japanese Airline Amakusa adopts IBS solution - Apr 13, 2010
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- Malaysia Airlines chooses Kerala IT firm's software - Apr 30, 2009
- Ireland's leading airline opts for Indian solution - Oct 10, 2011
- IBS successfully implemented 55 solutions in 2010: CEO - Jan 26, 2011
- Kerala firm inks deal with Italian cargo airline - May 26, 2011
- IBS to host global aviation conference in Dubai next week - Oct 22, 2010
- Kerala firm's IT solution to power South African Airways - Feb 21, 2011
- Oracle acquires Art Technology Group for $1 billion - Nov 02, 2010
- Malaysia Airlines opts for IBS crew management solution - Jun 30, 2009
- IBS inks deal with German TUI Group Airlines - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: airline network, asia pacific region, campaign activity, customer communication, customer relationship management, customer relationship management crm, customer relationships, customer service quality, ffp, fraud detection, hutchin, improving customer service, leading global provider, loyalty programmes, loyalty programs, loyalty software, management feedback, star alliance member, star alliance member airlines, technopark