Britain may go in for China’s high-speed bullet trainsFebruary 17th, 2011 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 17 (IANS) Britain may either rent or buy high-speed bullet trains manufactured by a Chinese firm, an official said.The high-speed bullet trains are produced by the CSR Corporation, China Daily Thursday quoted the 21st Century Business Herald as reporting.
Gao Hucheng, China’s international trade representative, said British Prime Minister David Cameron has showed willingness to cooperate with China in Britain’s infrastructure construction and high-speed railway construction.
The media report said that CSR will lend a batch of train equipment to Britain for their high-speed railway reconstruction. Thereafter, a joint venture may be established when the cooperation is further strengthened.
This is the first time that China’s high-speed rail technology will enter the British market.
Britain plans to develop high-speed railways in the country over the next 15 years and promote high-speed bullet trains with a highest speed of 362 kph, the daily said.
China last year produced a high-speed train that set a world speed record during a trial run.
The train hit a maximum speed of 416.6 km per hour on its journey between Shanghai and Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang province.
The train is designed to run at a speed of 350 km per hour on the 202-km-long track between the two cities. A one-way journey previously took two hours. But the new train would lessen that to around 40 minutes.
- China's high-speed train sets new world record - Sep 29, 2010
- Chinese train breaks speed record - Dec 03, 2010
- China's high-speed train sets new record - Sep 29, 2010
- China working to run trains at over 500 km/hour - Oct 19, 2010
- China lowers speed limit of bullet trains - Aug 11, 2011
- China braces for Typhoon Muifa - Aug 07, 2011
- China, Myanmar plan high-speed rail link - Nov 22, 2010
- China to sell bullet train technology - Feb 02, 2011
- Rescue effort on at China high-speed train crash (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- 54 high-speed trains recalled in China - Aug 12, 2011
- Chinese wary of high-speed railway - Jul 26, 2011
- China train crash toll rises to 38 - Jul 25, 2011
- Bullet trains to run slow on Beijing-Shanghai route - Apr 21, 2011
- Spanish group wins Saudi rail contract - Oct 27, 2011
- China's bullet train trip begins - Jun 30, 2011
Tags: british prime minister, bullet trains, business herald, china daily, chinese firm, david cameron, high speed rail, high speed train, infrastructure construction, international trade representative, new train, rail technology, railway construction, report said that, speed bullet, speed railway, speed railways, train equipment, world speed record, zhejiang province