Brit builders dump traditional brew for posh lattes!November 19th, 2008 - 2:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 19 (ANI): Brit labourers are ditching their traditional cuppa for the upmarket coffee, a new survey has revealed.
According to the study of 500 building trade workers, six out of 10 builders prefer coffee during their breaks and they like to add semi-skimmed milk in it instead of the full-fat variety.
However, the sugar intake is the same most Brits still add two sugars regardless of whether they are sipping a cuppa or a cappuccino.
Insiders blame the influx of coffee-sipping workers from abroad for the change in drinking habits.
The survey was carried out by DIY chain Wickes.
It found that 62 percent of Brits now drink coffee rather than tea, which rises to more than 75 percent among those aged 20 to 25.
And a simple mug of instant is not enough. Most go for a posh latte or cappuccino.
The building trade is moving with the times. Workmen have embraced the more European style of drinking coffee. We see this happening at the burger vans in our stores car parks, the Daily Star quoted Wickes spokesman Matthew Critchely, as saying.
Its the younger tradesmen who are leading the revolution, but it has undoubtedly been influenced by a strong influx of workers from abroad, particularly Eastern Europe. Of course, we have always known that the British builder is full of beans. Now this is truer than ever, the rep added. (ANI)
- Daily cup of coffee adds 4.5 kg to weight annually - Aug 21, 2012
- How you like your coffee predicts your personality - Feb 09, 2010
- Jake Gyllenhaal And Taylor Swift Celebrate Their First Thanksgiving - Nov 27, 2010
- Iced coffees are as fattening as a steak meal - Jul 27, 2009
- Coffee boosts women's brainpower but addles men's - Feb 02, 2011
- Drinking tea daily 'as good as water in keeping you hydrated' - Mar 28, 2011
- Toddlers given milk at bedtime likelier to become obese - May 05, 2011
- Some cocktail recipes (To go with cocktail story) - May 20, 2011
- How to avoid putting on weight this festive season - Dec 17, 2009
- Coffee doesn't make you more alert - Jun 03, 2010
- Caloric drinks show different effects on energy intake among men and women - Aug 26, 2010
- Avoid coffee with fast food - Apr 01, 2011
- Watch your diet, you multi-tasking women! (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 06, 2012
- A cuppa every day for boss could ensure pay rise! - Feb 02, 2010
- Malaysia to sweeten sugarless drink prices - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: brits, burger vans, car parks, cuppa, daily star, drink coffee, eastern europe, european style, full of beans, influx, latte, lattes, leading the revolution, new survey, sugar intake, sugars, tradesmen, traditional brew, wickes, workmen