Brattle Foods to invest Rs.8 bn in PunjabDecember 22nd, 2009 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 22 (IANS) Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday approved the investment plan of Brattle Foods Limited, giving them a green signal to set up three mega units in the state with an investment of Rs.8 billion (Rs.800 crore) in various sectors, officials said.
“Brattle Foods would establish a Rs.300 crore dairy unit, Rs.400 crore meat processing unit and Rs.100 crore fruits and vegetables processing unit. They would come over a land of around 200 acre in the state over the next three to five years,” an official spokesperson said.
He added: “Badal has directed officials concerned to facilitate Brattle Foods to select suitable sites in Gurdaspur district for setting up of their units. He has assured them of full support and cooperation by the government.”
Badal took this decision after going through a detailed presentation by Mrinal Sinha, co-founder Brattle Foods, in Chandigarh Tuesday.
- Northeast's fourth mega food park in Tripura - Jul 29, 2012
- Containers to be allowed on Attari-Wagah trade route - Jul 20, 2012
- Punjab approves 15 mega projects - Oct 25, 2010
- Punjab-Israel to tie-up for dairy farming - Jun 05, 2012
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- Food processing industry continues to get tax sops - Sep 28, 2010
- Punjab gets new mega-thermal plant - Mar 02, 2010
- Punjab offers rebates for sugar mills in border areas - Jul 20, 2011
- GAIL to set up 1,000 MW power plant in Punjab - Jun 12, 2012
- World Kabaddi cup begins in Punjab Nov 1 - Oct 27, 2011
- IGNOU launches course in food science and technology - Jun 30, 2011
- Wholesale chain Metro Cash & Carry to enter Punjab - Feb 18, 2011
- Punjab seeks complete loan waiver - May 08, 2012
- Bangladeshi firm to set up agro-processing plants in Tripura - May 24, 2012
- Punjab to set up 13 new colleges - Nov 14, 2009
Tags: acre, badal, bn, chief minister, co founder, cooperation, crore, dairy unit, fruits and vegetables, investment plan, meat processing, mrinal, processing unit, punjab chandigarh, rs 8, rs 800, sectors, sinha, spokesperson