Bosch Automotive to supply brake solutions for Tata NanoJune 10th, 2009 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, June 10 (IANS) Bosch Automotive Electronics India, a 100 percent subsidiary of the Bosch group, will supply brake solutions for the world’s cheapest car, the Tata Nano, the company said Wednesday.
The firm will open a small unit in Gujarat to supply the brake solutions to Tata Motors, which is setting up a plant in Sanand, about 45 km from here, to manufacture the Rs.100,000 car, Sanjay Chakravarty, head-corporate communications of Bosch Group India, told reporters here.
“The unit to supply brake solutions to Tata will be ready in six months,” he said.
The Bosch group recently inaugurated a manufacturing plant at Naganathapura near Bangalore for manufacturing electronic control units (ECUs) for diesel and gasoline fuel injection systems with an investment of Rs.60 crore.
“The first batch of the ECUs manufactured at Naganathapura will be supplied to Tata Motors for Nano cars,” Chakravarty said.
- Bosch defers lockout at main plant, wage talks on - Mar 12, 2010
- Bosch lifts lockout following truce with labour (Lead) - Mar 13, 2010
- Bosch settles wage dispute with workers' union - Mar 24, 2010
- Strong growth prompts Bosch to invest more in India (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Narender Modi inaugurates new manufacturing plant of Nano in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2010
- Lumax to invest Rs.200 crore to set up two plants - Aug 27, 2010
- Nepal to test-drive Nano next month - Jun 25, 2010
- Bosch group to invest Rs.2,500 crore in India - Jun 02, 2011
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Kalam unveils Bosch research centre at IISc - Nov 08, 2011
- First Nano from Gujarat unit rolls out Wednesday - Jun 02, 2010
- Bosch to invest Rs.300 crore for capacity expansion - May 03, 2012
- Bosch to invest Rs.2,200 crore to ramp up production - Jan 04, 2012
- Tata Motors tweaks Nano, claims improved mileage - Nov 21, 2011
- Bosch threatens second lockout as workers remain adamant - Mar 11, 2010
Tags: ahmedabad, automotive electronics, bangalore, bosch automotive, bosch group, cars, corporate communications, diesel, electronic control units, fuel injection, fuel injection systems, gasoline fuel, group india, gujarat, manufacturing plant, nano, sanjay, six months, subsidiary, tata motors