Boost for fertilizer transportation in HimachalJuly 10th, 2010 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 10 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said here Saturday that Indian Railways will open an office in the state to ensure quick transportation of fertilizers.
“The union ministry of chemicals and fertilizers has decided to set up an out agency (an office meant for booking and delivering goods transported by the railways) at Bilaspur town for easy transportation of fertilizers,” he told reporters.
He said a communication in this regard has been received from union Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister M.K. Alagiri.
The chief minister said that the state had urged the central government to ensure adequate supply of fertilizers to the state to meet the demand.
“We have requested to open offices at different locations like Shimla, Hamirpur, Kullu, Dharamsala and Mandi so that the state gets regular supply of fertilizers,” he added.
Officials of the agriculture department said the Bilaspur office will be operated through the Kiratpur (in Punjab) goods terminal. Fertilizers will be transported from Kiratpur to Bilaspur by the agent appointed by the railways.
- Shutdown hits Himachal, chief minister walks to office (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Commercial establishments shut in Himachal - Sep 20, 2012
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Himachal seeks to rein in monkeys - Sep 21, 2011
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Himachal gets Rs.171.22 crore loan for rural projects - Dec 13, 2011
- To pull tourists, Himachal books its legends (IANS Books)(With Image) - Aug 24, 2011
- Bilaspur-Leh rail link sent for Planning Commission nod - Dec 26, 2010
- Rains bring down temperatures in Himachal - Jul 05, 2012
- Shutdown gets partial response in Himachal (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Former Himachal BJP chief to become minister - Feb 22, 2012
- Alagiri warns of legal action against Tamil Nadu minister - Aug 18, 2011
- Rains cool Himachal, hailstorms predicted - May 22, 2011
- Dhumal seeks work on pending rail projects - Feb 19, 2012
- Priority admission for girls in Himachal - Sep 01, 2011