Bon Jovi slapped with $405k lawsuit for running over Brit woman with buggyNovember 4th, 2008 - 4:38 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 4 (ANI): A British woman is suing rockers Bon Jovi, alleging that a member of their crew ran her over during a 2006 UK gig, leaving her seriously injured.
Sally Allen, a security supervisor at the venue, claimed that the incident happened when the Its My Life hitmakers played at Milton Keynes” National Bowl in southeast England two years ago.
Allen is suing Bon Jovi and their security company for trespass to the person and negligence, seeking 405,000 dollars in compensation and damages.
The 37-year-old lady has said in legal papers that she suffered a fractured knee, ligament damage and severe internal injuries after Kevin McDonnell “deliberately” ran over her in a golf buggy.
She claimed that she was working to prevent backstage access after a fire broke out in the VIP area, and thats when she was approached by McDonnell, a member of Bon Jovi’’s personal security team.
From what is written in the lawsuit, McDonnell told Allen: “I don”t care about your emergency situation. Get out of my way, you f**king whore. Do you know who I am? You can”t f**king stop me, reports Contactmusic.
Then McDonnell, as she claimed, drove directly towards her and ran over her right leg, leaving her unable to work.
However, Bon Jovi has refused to have any involvement in the incident and McDonnell is no longer thought to be working with the group.
Mrs Allen’’s claim concerns injuries she states occurred at a Bon Jovi show, said Bon Jovi in a statement.
They added: “None of the band members were present when she blocked the pathway of a crew member, nor were they aware of any disturbance at the time.
“Mrs Allen’’s claim in England follows a claim she attempted to file in the United States, which was rejected. As English proceedings are ongoing, we are not in a position to comment further.” (ANI)
- Brit woman sues Bon Jovi for PS250,000 after her run over at concert - Nov 03, 2008
- Confederate History Month Inflames Enragement In Virginia - Apr 07, 2010
- Jlo wants Bon Jovi to succeed her - Jul 18, 2012
- Winehouse to appear in court on assault charges - Dec 25, 2009
- Jon Bon Jovi kicks the butt to save cash! - May 26, 2010
- Bon Jovi's Performance Subdued By Rihanna In Madrid - Nov 08, 2010
- 'Save Goa' campaign attracts 9,000 at British Goan fest - Jul 24, 2012
- Aniston pal Chelsea Handler calls Jolie a 'homewrecker' - Dec 07, 2010
- Rihanna surprises at Bon Jovi's show - Nov 09, 2010
- US state seeks Indian investment in IT, energy - Nov 16, 2011
- Bon Jovi called in "rock shrink" to solve band issues - Oct 28, 2009
- India, Virginia state agree to boost trade ties - Apr 05, 2012
- When Lily Allen discovered a tarantula in her bed - May 14, 2010
- Indian American woman re-appointed Virginia treasurer - Aug 02, 2010
- British musician gets one mn fans on YouTube - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: bon jovi, british woman, crew member, f king, fractured knee, golf buggy, i don t care, internal injuries, kevin mcdonnell, knee ligament damage, milton keynes national bowl, mrs allen, personal security, sally allen, security company, security supervisor, security team, southeast england, uk gig, vip area