Bomb scare on Air India declared hoax (Lead)April 29th, 2009 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) An Air India aircraft fell victim to a scare Wednesday after a man in Mumbai called the arline call centre and said a bomb was placed on it. The aircraft was later thoroughly searched and declared as safe to fly. The caller has been arrested, an official said.
“The aircraft has been declared safe. It will resume its normal flight,” an Air India spokesperson said. The bomb hoax was reported on a Mumbai-Jaipur-Delhi flight.
The Air India call centre had received a call from a person in Mumbai that there was a bomb on the flight. All passengers were moved out as soon as the aircraft landed at Jaipur airport from Mumbai.
A bomb disposal squad took over the plane and the aircraft was parked at a bay at the airport.
- Bomb scare aboard Air India flight, man arrested - Apr 29, 2009
- Bomb scare at Delhi airport - Apr 06, 2011
- Bomb scare delays Pakistani flight - Sep 10, 2012
- Bomb hoax on Kingfisher flight - Aug 30, 2011
- Plane removed, operations resume at Mumbai airport runway - Sep 05, 2011
- Jet Airways flight to Bahrain delayed over bomb scare - Sep 04, 2011
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- Unclaimed bag sparks bomb scare at Mumbai airport - Sep 16, 2011
- Bomb scare at Taj Mahal - Jan 04, 2012
- IndiGo flight grounded in Delhi after bomb threat - Aug 12, 2009
- Kingfisher's Mumbai-Lucknow flight grounded after bomb scare - May 20, 2010
- Hoax call grounds Kingfisher flight in Mumbai - May 20, 2010
- Bomb scare in Lahore - Aug 13, 2011
- One held for China bomb hoax - Sep 02, 2012
- Air India plane lands in Oman after bomb hoax - Aug 20, 2010