Bomb hoax delays Delhi-bound Rajdhani in Goa (Second Lead)June 20th, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, June 20 (IANS) The Delhi-bound Trivandrum Rajdhani Express was delayed by half an hour Wednesday after an anonymous caller rang up to say that a bomb was on board the train. The bomb threat turned out to be a hoax, a railway spokesperson said.
The train remained detained at the Margao railway station, around 35 km from here, and left around 12.15 p.m. only after it had been thoroughly checked.
“The train was halted for half an hour more than the scheduled halt at the Margao (railway) station. A Goa police bomb squad and railway officials checked every bogey for any explosive, but none was found,” Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. spokesperson Baban Ghatge told reporters here.
The call had been made at about 11 a.m., a few minutes before the train was to reach the Margao railway station.
- Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express halted on bomb scare - Jun 20, 2012
- Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express halted on bomb scare (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route - Jun 17, 2011
- Goa train ticket checkers strike work for two hours - Oct 07, 2010
- Landslides disrupt Konkan Railway traffic - Jul 18, 2011
- Traffic on Konkan rail route resumes after 12 hours (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Landslide hit Konkan rail services - Aug 18, 2010
- Landslide, heavy rain delay Konkan Railway trains - Oct 02, 2009
- Konkan Railway route to normalise Thursday - Jul 19, 2011
- Delhi bound Rajdhani express derails in Bengal - Jun 16, 2011
- Bomb scare on train in Rajasthan - Sep 19, 2011
- Heavy showers disrupt Konkan rail traffic (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Businessman held for making bomb hoax call - May 16, 2011
- Hoax bomb call at Gurgaon railway station - Mar 18, 2010
- Train crushes five bikes, derails in Ghaziabad - Dec 27, 2010
Tags: anonymous caller, baban, bogey, bomb hoax, bomb threat, corporation ltd, few minutes, goa police, half an hour, police bomb squad, railway corporation, railway officials, railway station, rajdhani express, spokesperson, train