Bollywood film ”Fashion” unveiled in MumbaiJuly 17th, 2008 - 9:39 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, July 17 (ANI): Bollywood’’s ace director Madhur Bhandarkar unveiled the first look of his forthcoming film ”Fashion” in Mumbai on Wednesday.
The film is being produced by Ronnie Screwvala and directed by Madhur Bhandarkar.
National award winning director Madhur Bhandarkar is known for his offbeat films. Recently he won a national award at the 54th National Film Awards for the best film director for his film Traffic Signal.
His film Chandni Bar, made in the year 2001, starring Bollywood actress Tabu and Atul Kulkarni won him critical acclaim and catapulted him into the top league of filmmakers in Bollywood. He received his first national award for this film.
Madhur continued his success story by making films like Satta, Page 3 and Corporate. He won his second national award for his film Page 3.
Madhur Bhandarkar’’s film Fashion stars Mugdha Godse, Priyanka Chopra, Kangna Ranaut, Arbaaz Khan, Manish Malhotra and Neil Nitin Mukesh.
Speaking on why he chose this subject for his film Madhur said, Fashion is given so much importance by the media these days be it print media or electronic media. Common man must be wondering from where these models come. The common man generally enjoys glamour associated with the fashion but is unaware of the backstage moments. I conceptualized this film from a common man’’s point of view and at this point I thought that I could make a film on fashion.
Madhur is very upbeat about his upcoming film, which he says will give an insight into fashion world to a common man.
The title of the film Fashion is self-explanatory. It essays the story of the fashion world, how the models enter into the fashion world, how they walk the ramp. The title of my film explains the story of the film as you have seen in my earlier films like Traffic Signal, Corporate, Page-3 and Satta. I don”t think such a film was ever made in Hindi film scenario. It is also the story of the characters of the fashion world and the one’’s associated with it, said Madhur.
Bollywood’’s actress Priyanka Chopra whose last film ”Love Story-2050” could not set the silver screen on fire was excited on being part of Madhur Bhandarkar’’s film.
I play the character of Megha Mathur in this film. She comes from a small town of Chandigarh to Mumbai to become a supermodel. It (the film) is about her rise and fall, it’’s basically a very emotional journey of this girl, said Priyanka.
The film ”Fashion” is slated for November 14 release. (ANI)
- I am not gender-biased: Bhandarkar - Aug 29, 2012
- Kareena will be a shocker in 'Heroine', says Bhandarkar - Jan 10, 2012
- 'Heroine' will be a landmark in Kareena's career: Bhandarkar - Nov 16, 2011
- Bhandarkar amused over 'Fashion' copyright case (Movie Snippets) - Apr 13, 2012
- Pretti Jaiin rape case: Madhur Bhandarkar summoned Nov 14 - Oct 18, 2011
- Mumbai court summons Madhur Bhandarkar in rape case - Sep 19, 2011
- 'Chandni Bar' completes 10 years, Bhandarkar gets nostalgic - Sep 28, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra unveils music of Bollywood film 'Jail' - Oct 04, 2009
- Kareena shows different shades of Bollywood 'heroine' (With Images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Ash, Bhandarkar launch 'Heroine' in Cannes (With Images) - May 13, 2011
- Bollywood shifts from formula films, explores dark realities - Jul 19, 2011
- Kareena perfect choice for 'Heroine', says Priyanka - Dec 20, 2011
- No similarity between Kunal's film and 'Heroine': Priyanka Chopra - Jul 20, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra off to Phuket for 28th birthday - Jul 17, 2010
- With women in focus, will Bollywood hit bulls eye? - May 24, 2010
Tags: arbaaz khan, atul kulkarni, best film, common man, critical acclaim, fashion stars, fashion world, film director, film fashion, film scenario, film traffic, forthcoming film, madhur bhandarkar, manish malhotra, national film awards, nitin, offbeat films, priyanka chopra, traffic signal, upcoming film