Boeing to pay Air India $500 mn for delayed deliveriesMarch 14th, 2012 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 14 (IANS) The Boeing Co. has agreed to compensate Air India $500 million for the delay in the delivery of 50 aircraft, but the state-run carrier is pushing for more, a senior official said.
Air India has sought $1 billion as compensation for the three-year delay in the delivery of 50 long-range Boeing jets worth about $6 billion.
Talking to reporters on the sidelines of India Aviation 2012, which began here Wednesday, Prashant Sukul, joint secretary in the civil aviation ministry, said Boeing had agreed to pay $500 million. He, however, said the talks were still on with the aircraft maker.
The aircraft include 27 Boeing 787 Dreamliner that is being showcased at India Aviation.
Earlier, replying to a query at the news conference, Ajit Singh said the negotiations about compensation were on with the Boeing. He did not elaborate.
Dinesh A. Keskar, president, Boeing India and senior vice president, sales, Asia Pacific and India, refused to comment. “We don’t discuss such issues in public,” was all he said when asked about the official’s comment that the company has agreed to pay compensation.
- Boeing to deliver 100 aircraft to India in five years - Mar 14, 2012
- Air India won't take Dreamliners till compensation fixed (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Air India negotiating for 'just compensation' for Boeing-787 delays - May 23, 2011
- Cabinet to decide on Boeing 787 compensation offer (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Air India to seek compensation for Dreamliner delay - Jul 25, 2012
- Air India, Boeing negotiate 'just compensation' for delays (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Air India gets second Dreamliner, plans to start new routes - Sep 19, 2012
- Air India to get first 787 Dreamliner by 2011-end - Feb 09, 2011
- Air India to get first 787 Dreamliners by year end - Feb 09, 2011
- Boeing showcases 787 Dreamliner at IGI airport - Jul 13, 2011
- Many Indian companies involved in Dreamliner project: Boeing - Jul 13, 2011
- Cabinet to decide on Boeing 787 compensation offer - Jun 06, 2012
- Boeing to deliver 787 Dreamliner to Air India next year - Nov 09, 2010
- Air India's first Dreamliner arrives after 4-year wait - Sep 08, 2012
- Air India's Dreamliner to be in service from Sep 19 - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: 1 billion, air india, aircraft maker, ajit singh, asia pacific, boeing, boeing 787 dreamliner, boeing co, boeing jets, civil aviation ministry, deliveries, india aviation, negotiations, news conference, senior vice president, sidelines, vice president sales