Boeing 787 Dreamliner to land at IGI airport WednesdayJuly 12th, 2011 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 12 (IANS) American aircraft manufacturer Boeing’s most-anticipated passenger jet - the 787 Dreamliner aircraft - will land in the national capital on its maiden visit early Wednesday.
“The aircraft will land here in the morning around 10.00 a.m., but the timing may vary,” a person closely connected to the aircraft’s maiden visit to India told IANS.
The aircraft, said to be the most advanced in the world, will fly to India from Japan and will be stationed here for the next two days.
The national carrier Air India will get its first-demo trials on the aircraft. The airline will be amongst the first in the world to receive the modern passenger jet in the fourth quarter of the year.
“Air India will get its first demo-trial next week. We will fly in the 787 from Japan to New Delhi on July 13,” Dinesh Keskar, president, Boeing India told IANS.
After the national capital, the aircraft will fly to Mumbai on July 15 where it will be kept for a day.
The Boeing 787 aircraft is made of composite materials. Its newly-developed engine and advanced flight technologies make it highly fuel-efficient. The plane can fly up to 16,000 km non-stop.
Air India had booked 27 Boeing 787s in 2006 in a mega deal for 68 aircraft from Boeing. Of these, 50 were for its own fleet and 18 for its low-cost subsidiary Air India Express that flies on short-haul international routes.
Apart from the 27 Boeing 787s, the order also includes a mix of Boeing 777s and Boeing 737s.
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- Fuel-efficient Boeing 787 to join Air India fleet by year-end - Jul 13, 2011
- Air India's first Dreamliner arrives after 4-year wait - Sep 08, 2012
- Boeing Dreamliner to skip Mumbai leg of India visit - Jul 14, 2011
- Many Indian companies involved in Dreamliner project: Boeing - Jul 13, 2011
- First Dreamliner aircraft delivered to Air India in the US - Sep 06, 2012
- India expects to induct first 787 Dreamliner this month - Aug 19, 2012
- Boeing showcases 787 Dreamliner at IGI airport - Jul 13, 2011
- Air India's Dreamliner to be in service from Sep 19 - Sep 12, 2012
- Air India confident of Boeing-787 induction by year-end - Jul 17, 2011
- AI plans to use Dreamliner on domestic routes to cut cost - May 06, 2012
- Air India gets second Dreamliner, plans to start new routes - Sep 19, 2012
- Air India to get first 787 Dreamliners by year end - Feb 09, 2011
- Boeing-787 Dreamliner showcased at Delhi airport (Lead, correcting figure in para 11) - Jul 13, 2011
- Air India negotiating for 'just compensation' for Boeing-787 delays - May 23, 2011
Tags: air india, air india express, aircraft manufacturer, american aircraft, boeing, boeing 737s, boeing 777s, boeing 787 dreamliner, boeing 787s, carrier air, composite materials, dinesh, fleet, flight technologies, fly, fourth quarter, maiden visit, national carrier, New Delhi, passenger jet