BOC India to invest Rs 5.4 bn for plants in OdishaJuly 17th, 2012 - 12:47 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 16 (IANS) Industrial gas manufacturer BOC India (BOCI), a member of the Germany-based The Linde Group, Monday announced that it would invest Rs 5.4 billion to build two new air separation plants in Odisha’s Kalinganagar.
The Kolkata-based company had been awarded a major long-term industrial gases supply contract by Tata Steel, which is progressing with the first phase of its greenfield integrated steelworks in Kalinganagar Industrial Complex.
The two air separation plants, each with a capacity of 1,200 tonns per day (tpd), would supply gaseous oxygen, nitrogen and argon to meet the production requirements of Tata Steel’s new steelworks, a BOCI release said here.
The new air separation plants, which would be commissioned in 2014, would also produce liquid products to meet the growing demand for gases in the merchant market.
“Our new contract with Tata Steel represents a great strategic win, given the fast-rising importance of the Kalinganagar industrial complex as a massive steel production hub in India,” said BOCI managing director S.K. Menon.
Menon said the company also intended to establish an extensive pipeline network through the industrial complex to meet the demand for gases of the various steel production units operating there.
- BOC India Q2 net declines 25 percent - Jul 20, 2012
- BOC India's three plants in advanced stages of commissioning - May 17, 2012
- BOC to raise Rs.780 cr in 2011 - May 24, 2010
- BOC India to pump in Rs. 10 bn for expansion - May 29, 2009
- BOC India posts Rs.23.83 crore net profit - Apr 21, 2010
- Tata Steel not selling African unit: Nerurkar - Sep 08, 2010
- KKN Group forays into steel industry - Aug 25, 2010
- Tata Steel's Kalinganagar plant gets first consignment - Feb 22, 2010
- Search on for missing Tata Steel engineer - Sep 25, 2010
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,610 orders in Q1 - Jun 24, 2011
- Bhilai steel plant to set up two oxygen units - Mar 29, 2010
- Tata Steel's Jamshedpur plant to be modernised - Aug 05, 2011
- Jindal Steel to exit Bolivia's largest mining project - Jun 11, 2012
- Thousands protest displacement in Orissa - May 05, 2010
- Japanese steelmaker to build plant in central Mexico - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: air separation plants, argon, boc india, boci, gaseous oxygen, industrial complex, industrial gases, kolkata, linde group, liquid products, massive steel, menon, merchant market, pipeline network, steel production, steelworks, supply contract, tata steel, tonns, tpd