BOC in talks with R-ADAG for supplying speciality gasOctober 24th, 2008 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 24 (IANS) Industrial gas maker BOC India is in talks with Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (R-ADAG) for supplying speciality gas for its planned project to generate energy from photovoltaic cells, a top company official said here Friday.”Things are still at a very nascent stage. We are currently discussing the technology that they would prefer for their ambitious plan to produce solar energy,” BOC India managing director Srikumar Menon told reporters.
Earlier, R-ADAG was in talks with the Gujarat government for land for the solar power project.
Dwelling on other plans, Menon said BOC plans to invest Rs.2.5 billion by next March on its ongoing projects.
“We had earlier announced at the beginning of the year that the company would be investing Rs.6 billion, of which Rs.2.5 billion is yet to be invested,” he said.
At present, the company is focussing on completing the various projects that are in the pipeline. The 1,800 tonnes per day plant at Jindal Steel Works at Bellary in Karnataka is proceeding on schedule, is likely to be commissioned by end of this year, he said.
BOC will keep focussing on projects across industry segments such as steel, refinery, glass and electronics, Menon said, adding that 60 percent of the company’s revenue comes from steel companies.
- BOC India's three plants in advanced stages of commissioning - May 17, 2012
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- BOC India to invest Rs 5.4 bn for plants in Odisha - Jul 17, 2012
- BOC India to pump in Rs. 10 bn for expansion - May 29, 2009
- Reliance Power's second quarter operating revenue up 189 percent - Nov 08, 2011
- 'Investment in solar power projects to double by 2015' - Oct 28, 2010
- As China dumps in India's solar market, domestic industry shrivels (Business Feature) - May 06, 2012
- Reliance Power ties up Chinese bank funds for Sasan project - Dec 15, 2010
- Energy firm Soham raises Rs.125 crore from SBI fund - Nov 07, 2011
- Bathinda refinery to be inaugurated in April - Mar 29, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.5-trillion worth investment proposals (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Andhra gets Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment at Partnership Summit (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investments - Jan 13, 2012
- IFC to take 15 percent stake in two SunEdison companies - May 10, 2012