Boao conference begins with focus on financial crisisApril 18th, 2009 - 11:28 am ICT by IANS
Boao (China), April 18 (Xinhua) The annual conference of the Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) opened in this scenic town of China’s southern Hainan Province Saturday, focusing on the cooperation of Asian countries amid the global financial crisis.
Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao is to deliver a keynote speech at the opening plenary meeting.
More than 1,600 political leaders, business people and academic scholars gathered in the island resort for the conference, which will conclude Sunday.
During the conference, the theme of which is “Asia: Managing Beyond Crisis”, delegates are expected to discuss the effect of the financial crisis on Asia, the steps taken by their respective countries to weather the challenges effectively, the role of emerging economies in reforming the global financial system, and the balance between financial regulation and innovation.
Traditional topics of green development and Internet innovation, as well as the creative industry and contemporary art are also on the agenda.
BFA was established in 2001 as a platform for high-level interaction between political and business leaders from Asia and around the world. It is aimed at promoting the development goals of Asian countries through greater regional economic integration.
- Seeking internal growth drivers a new trend: Chinese official - Apr 02, 2012
- Hu calls for inclusive development in Asia - Apr 15, 2011
- Pakistan working to improve India ties: Gilani - Apr 02, 2012
- Sustainable development needed in Asia: Chinese official (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Pakistan-China trade can reach $15 bn: Gilani - Apr 01, 2012
- Pakistan to buy power from Iran: Gilani - Apr 01, 2012
- Terrorism more serious than recession: Zardari - Apr 18, 2009
- Pakistan, China to jointly fight terror, widen defence cooperation - Apr 17, 2009
- Medvedev in China for BRICS summit - Apr 13, 2011
- Pakistan moving towards MFN status for India: Gilani - Apr 03, 2012
- Chinese premier warns of `complicated, grim' job situation - Jul 23, 2012
- 'Ore, exploration can take India-China trade to $100 bn' - Nov 17, 2011
- China needs political reform: Wen - Mar 14, 2012
- Let not political differences affect South Asia integration: India (Roundup) - Mar 09, 2012
- Wen Jiabao gets ceremonial welcome, says confident of expanding India-China ties - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: academic scholars, asian countries, bfa, boao forum for asia, chinese premier wen jiabao, creative industry, development goals, emerging economies, global financial crisis, global financial system, hainan province, internet innovation, keynote speech, level interaction, political leaders, premier wen jiabao, regional economic integration, town of china, wen jiabao, xinhua