BMW launches super salon, MiniJanuary 6th, 2012 - 12:31 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) Luxury car maker BMW launched two-new models on the first day of the 11th edition of the Auto Expo Thursday.
The German car maker presented its M5 super saloon priced at Rs.95.9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
“BMW stands for a unique philosophy of driving pleasure, high performance, sophisticated sporting flair and aesthetics,” said Andreas Schaaf, president, BMW India.
According to the company, the car would be imported as a completely built up (CBU) unit at BMW dealers across the country.
The luxury car manufacturer also launched 7 series car 750Li limited-edition.
Like, M5, the 7 series will also be available at CBU.
The BMW Group also launched its iconic Mini brand of cars in the country with the launch of Mini Cooper, Copper S, Mini Cooper Convertible and Mini Cooper S Countryman priced Rs.24.9 lakh-31.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
“It is high time but right time to launch Mini brand in India,” said Kay Segler, senior vice president, Mini Brand management and business coordination.
According to Segler, the company will open three showrooms in India including two in the national capital and one in Mumbai, as well as separate servicing facility.
“We will have our own servicing facility as well as showrooms. We will be opening three showrooms,” Segler told IANS.
Segler added that even before the brand’s launch the company received an overwhelming response from customers in bookings.
“I have got to know that there have been 100 percent bookings. There are around 100 cars or so which are being shipped and all of them are booked,” he said.
- Mercedes-Benz launches new M-Class in India - May 15, 2012
- Toyata launches seventh generation Camry - Aug 24, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches premium sedan Kizashi - Feb 02, 2011
- BMW launches sports utility vehicle X1 - Dec 23, 2010
- BMW India to focus on small cities, towns - Jun 08, 2011
- Audi launches luxury sports utility vehicle - Jun 06, 2012
- Volvo launches sedan S60 in India - Mar 11, 2011
- Mercedes launches the next-generation SLK 350 - Aug 11, 2011
- Toyota luanches limited edition Corolla - Jun 05, 2012
- Audi launches upgraded Q7 quattro - Sep 29, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz India to roll out entry-level cars - May 03, 2011
- BMW India launches three variants of BMW XI in Delhi - Dec 23, 2010
- BMW India's record sales in October - Nov 28, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki unveils new Swift DZire - Feb 01, 2012
- Mahindra to re-open XUV bookings in January - Dec 03, 2011
Tags: andreas schaaf, auto expo, bmw dealers, bmw group, brand management, business coordination, car maker, car manufacturer, countryman, german car, high time, launch, luxury car, mini cooper, mini cooper s, overwhelming response, segler, senior vice president, series car, showrooms