Blue Star to focus on residential segmentMarch 28th, 2008 - 1:06 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, March 28 (IANS) Commercial refrigeration major Blue Star Limited will be focussing on the residential segment with its range of energy labelled air conditioners. According to deputy managing director T. Gouri Sankara Babu, in the last three years Blue Star’s room air conditioner business has been growing at a combined annual growth rate of 50 percent as against industry growth of 25-30 percent.
The company’s 500,000 units per annum plant at Himachal Pradesh enables its foray into the competitive residential segment.
The company has launched a new range of star rated-energy efficient wall mounted split air-conditioners in capacities like 1, 1.5 and 2 tonnes.
“We have been able to do this since we have differentiated ourselves from the others through better engineered and more energy efficient air conditioners sold and serviced through technically competent channel partners,” Babu said.
He has ruled out any reduction in product prices citing rising input costs.
- Blue Star eyes 9 percent market share in room air-conditioning - Jan 24, 2011
- Samsung India posts $3.5 billion turnover in 2010 - Jan 20, 2011
- Daikin India to commission room air conditioner line in July - Feb 21, 2012
- Emerson Climate eyes 1.5-tonne split-AC compressor segment - May 23, 2012
- In 2011, cars to come with star ratings on energy efficiency - Dec 31, 2010
- Air-conditioner sales to grow this summer - Mar 08, 2012
- Whirlpool introduces new products for larger market share - Mar 22, 2012
- Hitachi eyes 10 pc market share in AC segment in 2011 - Feb 03, 2011
- Hitachi to double its India turover by 2013 - Feb 09, 2011
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Makers to be forced to recall energy inefficient products - May 23, 2012
- Consumer durables prices to go up again - Jun 10, 2012
- Ingersoll Rand launches China-made air-conditioners - Aug 14, 2012
- Industrial solar water heaters offer good scope for growth - Jul 17, 2010
- Godrej eyeing 25 percent refrigerator market share - May 26, 2011
Tags: annum, babu, blue star limited, channel partners, commercial refrigeration, energy efficient air conditioners, foray, input costs, managing director, room air conditioner, s 500, segment, tonnes