Blue Star eyes 9 percent market share in room air-conditioningJanuary 24th, 2011 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 24 (IANS) Air-conditioning and commercial refrigeration major Blue Star is eyeing a nine percent market share in room air-conditioning segment by selling 270,000 units of air-conditioners in FY12, a top executive of the company said Monday. “We target to sell about 190,000 units of air-conditioners in room air-conditioning segment this fiscal. Now our market share in the segment is four percent,” said B. Thiagarajan, president, air-conditioning and refrigeration product group, Blue Star.
He was talking to reporters at a press meet here on the occasion of announcing the company’s foray into the room air-conditioning segment.
Informing that currently Blue Star had a portfolio of 35 models of air-conditioners, he said it would launch another 15 models next fiscal.
“We will invest Rs.20 crore in a few months for advertisement, in which Rs.5 crore will be spent on the coming cricket world cup,” he added.
Stating that now the company has five manufacturing units in India, he said: “Our ambition is to set up a new manufacturing unit some where in south or west (India).”
Blue Star will focus on large markets like Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata to sell room air-conditioners, Thiagarajan added.
- Panasonic India targets Rs.3,000 crore turnover - Dec 22, 2010
- Hitachi eyes 10 pc market share in AC segment in 2011 - Feb 03, 2011
- Air-conditioner sales to grow this summer - Mar 08, 2012
- Daikin India to commission room air conditioner line in July - Feb 21, 2012
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Samsung India posts $3.5 billion turnover in 2010 - Jan 20, 2011
- Emerson Climate eyes 1.5-tonne split-AC compressor segment - May 23, 2012
- Hitachi to double its India turover by 2013 - Feb 09, 2011
- Godrej eyeing 25 percent refrigerator market share - May 26, 2011
- Whirlpool introduces new products for larger market share - Mar 22, 2012
- ABD eyeing 10 pc market share - Apr 24, 2012
- In 2011, cars to come with star ratings on energy efficiency - Dec 31, 2010
- Ingersoll Rand launches China-made air-conditioners - Aug 14, 2012
- Danish group Danfoss' new plant goes on stream - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Food safety norms should match global standards' - Oct 19, 2011
Tags: advertisement, air conditioning, ambition, blue star, commercial refrigeration, cricket world cup, crore, foray, india blue, jan 24, market share, mumbai, product group, room air conditioners, segment, star eyes, thiagarajan, top executive, units in india, west india