Bloom Box Launched, Mass Production May Be Within 10 YearsFebruary 25th, 2010 - 8:32 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
California, Feb 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After months of waiting and anticipation, the clean energy server as it is often referred to, the Bloom Box was launched in California. The Venue was eBay’s California headquarters. The company is among the first few customers of Bloom Energy, which makes the device. The governor of California and former Hollywood actor Arnold Schwarzenegger praised the Bloom Box using lavish phrases and said that he was impressed after knowing the features of the device. His view was echoed by the representatives of companies like Google, eBay, Coca-Cola etc who were there to attend the event. This clean energy producing device will make the polluting and environmentally hazardous means of energy production out of vogue in the coming days.
New York City’s Mayor also attended the event and he was equally impressed with the Bloom Box. The USP of the Bloom Box is that it can be renewed and the chances of environmental pollution from the device are minimal. The person who founded the company, K.R. Sridhar said in a statement that the mass adoption of the Bloom Box will take some time. However, he thinks it should be seen in US homes within the next 10 years or so. The advantage of the device is that it supplies power uninterrupted.
The founder also said that it can be used in European, Asian and US households easily with a few modifications made in its design. In fact, a prototype of the device is already working satisfactorily at NASA. A number of top Silicon Valley companies have expressed interest in the device.
- Indian American's Bloom Box churns out power from sand - Feb 25, 2010
- Indian origin scientist's "bloom box" may power homes of the future - Feb 23, 2010
- Indian American's Bloom Box promises to light up American homes - Feb 24, 2010
- Ex-Wipro executive Paranjpe to head US energy firm - May 26, 2011
- Bloom Box, The Green Energy For Next Generation? - Aug 31, 2010
- Mexican bottler to build $140 mn plant in Brazil - Dec 07, 2011
- Bloom Box Enjoys TV Appearence - Feb 22, 2010
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola opens $120 mn plant for 2014 Winter Olympics - Sep 26, 2011
- Bottling firm to invest $1.1 bn in Colombia, Brazil - Mar 01, 2012
- Coca-Cola sales rise 20 percent in India - Jul 17, 2012
- Coke's secret recipe shifted to a new abode - Dec 13, 2011
- Wayne Rooney to be ditched by Coca-Cola - Sep 13, 2010
- Coca-Cola planning to cash in on cricket World Cup fever - Feb 17, 2011
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: anticipation, arnold schwarzenegger, bloom energy, california headquarters, clean energy, ebay, energy production, environmental pollution, google, governor of california, hollywood actor, mass adoption, mass production, nasa, silicon valley, silicon valley companies, sridhar, usp, vogue, will take some time