Blast, beefed up security cause traffic snarlsSeptember 8th, 2011 - 12:50 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 7 (IANS) The rescue operations and beefed up security after the explosion at Delhi High Court caused traffic snarls across the city Wednesday.
Public transport commuters and motorists had a harrowing time with traffic moving at a snails pace in various parts of the city.
“Due to the high alert, there was regular checking. Pickets were installed at different points, which caused traffic snarls,” said an officer from the Delhi traffic police helpline.
Some of the trouble spots were Punjabi Bagh, Outer Ring Road, Gurgaon Expressway, Khajuri Chowk, Haiderpur Red Light, Green Park and Rajouri Garden flyover.
The blast took place around 10.15 a.m. near the Delhi High Court gate, leaving 11 dead and at least 76 injured.
Minutes after the blast, a high alert was sounded in Delhi.
- Heavy rain cause traffic snarls, water logging in Delhi - Aug 19, 2010
- Free ride on Gurgaon expressway till Sep 25 - Sep 20, 2012
- Chaos rules Delhi roads as rains continue - Jul 20, 2010
- Torrential downpour leaves Delhi in traffic snarls, chaos (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Rains lash Delhi, chaos rules roads (Lead) - Jul 20, 2010
- Season's heaviest shower halts Delhi, more rain likely (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Traffic snarls in Delhi after morning rain (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- No toll on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway for 15 days: Court - Sep 04, 2012
- Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Delhi on high alert after Mumbai blasts - Jul 13, 2011
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- Pile-up on Pune-Mumbai Expressway after freak accidents - Jun 09, 2012
- Scattered rain, traffic jams in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 09, 2011
- Rains lash Delhi, commuters face difficulties again (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Vulnerable areas of Delhi prone to waterlogging (To go with Delhi waterlogging story) - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: cause traffic, chowk, commuters, delhi high court, explosion, green park, motorists, New Delhi, outer ring road, pickets, public transport, punjabi bagh, red light, rescue operations, snails pace, traffic police, traffic snarls, trouble spots