Blast accused Peerbhoy wants to turn approverOctober 27th, 2008 - 4:31 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Oct 27 (ANI): Mohammed Mansoor Peerbhoy, who was arrested by Mumbai police Crime Branch for his alleged involvement in the Indian Mujhaideen plot, especially the Terror emails, has filed an application before the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court seeking to turn approver in the case.
According to the police Peerbhoy, who worked with a multinational software company in Pune and was earning an annual salary of Rs 19 lakh, was responsible for hacking unsecured Wi-Fi networks in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai and sending emails to news channels minutes before the July 26 Ahmedabad blasts and the September 13 Delhi explosions.
He is currently in custody and had aroused considerable interest during his last appearance in court when he had slipped a note to a special judge hearing the case.
The contents of the note remain under wraps but it could have been a plea to turn approver in the case. The prosecution has been asked to file a reply on the note by October 29.
According to Joint Commissioner of Police (crime) Rakesh Maria, “An advocate of the accused filed an application before the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court and the court asked us for our say. We will file it very soon.”
All 20 accused in the case have been charged under the stringent the MCOCA in which police can hold the accused in custody for prolonged periods of time and also gets up to six months to file a charge-sheet. (AN)
- Court puts off Abu Salem case till Dec 20 - Nov 08, 2011
- Man seeks to surrender phones bought from Dey murder accused - Dec 02, 2011
- Dey murder: Reporter to remain in police custody (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Dey murder: reporter to remain in police custody - Dec 01, 2011
- Suspected IM operative Peerbhoy sent to police custody - Feb 28, 2009
- Malegaon blast accused again apply for bail - Oct 01, 2011
- Sadhvi seeks special travel facility for court hearing - Jan 23, 2012
- Delhi serial bombings: Eighth charge sheet filed - Sep 09, 2009
- Dey murder: Vora's custody extended - Jan 03, 2012
- Dey murder: Vora's custody extended till Jan 3 - Dec 20, 2011
- Charge sheets filed against a Delhi blasts accused - Sep 17, 2009
- Stringent MCOCA slapped on eight for journalist's murder - Jul 08, 2011
- Malegaon blast accused to be tried under MCOCA (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Dey murder: Vora's police custody extended till Dec 9 - Dec 05, 2011
- A year on, 13/7 blasts' trial may take years to begin - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, annual salary, blasts, commissioner of police, crime act, crime branch, delhi explosions, lakh, mansoor, multinational software company, navi mumbai, news channels, police crime, prolonged periods, pune, sending emails, september 13, special judge, wi fi, wraps