BJP silent over Congress’ charges of selling damJanuary 21st, 2011 - 12:55 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 20 (IANS) Chhattisgarh’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is tightlipped over an allegation of the Congress party Thursday that the state government has sold an irrigation dam to a private company which is planning to set up a power plant.The Congress said that the BJP government had been blindly supporting the industrial firms by ignoring the interests of the common people and allowing the industries to acquire state’s most prime agriculture land for their upcoming thermal power plants.
Congress’s state unit general secretary Ramesh Varlyani alleged that BJP government had sold out a dam to a private company in state’s most fertile district, Janjgir-Champa.
“Government must explain why has it sold out Rokda dam that is spread out in 130 acrea areas, we have complained the government’s act to Governor Shekhar Dutt,” Varlyani told reporters.
Meanwhile, there has been no response from the BJP to the allegations.
- Power plant protest turns violent, dozens injured (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assembly stalled over 'dam sell-out' - Mar 03, 2011
- Congress slams Chhattisgarh for 'selling' rivers, dams - Feb 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assembly stalled over 'dam sell-out' (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Power plant protest turns violent, dozens injured - Jan 17, 2011
- Chhattisgarh farmers renew protest against power project - Jan 18, 2011
- Chhattisgarh's prime farm lands caught in 'power' grab - Mar 02, 2011
- House panel to probe Chhattisgarh 'dam sale' - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress seeks probe into Videocon's land acquisition - Jul 05, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to build seven barrages on Mahanadi - Jan 15, 2011
- 'Fertile land won't be acquired for power plants' - Sep 05, 2012
- CBI raids offices of three firms in Chhattisgarh - Sep 04, 2012
- Work on Chhattisgarh power plant by year-end - Mar 09, 2010
- Blame game over Himachal power plant ordered to be razed - May 20, 2012
- L&T bags Rs.1,449 crore order for a Chhattisgarh power plant - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: acrea, agriculture land, allegation, allegations, bjp government, chhattisgarh, common people, congress party, fertile district, general secretary, irrigation dam, power plant, private company, ramesh, shekhar, state government, thermal power plants