Birla expects 10 mn tonnes cement capacity in two yearsMay 7th, 2009 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 7 (IANS) Birla Corp Ltd, part of the MP Birla Group, expects its cement capacity to rise to 10 million tonnes in two years from 6 million tonnes now, the company said in a release Thursday here.
“The second and final phase of expansion at the Satna plant is likely to be completed by March, following which total clinker production capacity will increase by 2,200 tonnes per day (tpd) to 9,600 tpd,” the release said.
By the end of 2009-10, the capacity is expected to touch 7.5 million.
Birla in April expanded clinker capacity at Chanderia plant in Rajasthan from 3,450 tpd to 4,050 tpd.
It is currently executing several other expansion projects like a 1.2-million-tonne plant at Chanderia, and grinding capacity hike at Durgapur in West Bengal and Satna in Madhya Pradesh.
Captive power plants of 30-MW each in Durgapur and Satna are also being set up and the company expects to complete these projects in two years.
A three-million-tonne cement plant has also being planned at Satna. The company plans to invest Rs.1,200 crore over there, the release said.
However, the execution of the project would depend upon Birla being granted a limestone mining lease, which has been contested in the court.
“Once the issue is favourably resolved, the company plans to set up the cement plant,” the statement said.
Birla reported a turnover of Rs.2,038.84 crore in 2008-09. The net profit was Rs.323.51 crore for that fiscal.
- Birla Corp posts Rs.137.50 crore net profit in Q4 - Apr 22, 2010
- Birla Corp plans Rs.1,025 crore capacity expansion investment - Jun 27, 2011
- Birla Corp to spend Rs.2,400 cr on expansion - Jun 23, 2010
- Birla Corporation posts Rs.68.97 crore Q2 net profit - Oct 26, 2010
- Birla Corp Q1 net profit down at Rs.118.28 crore - Jul 21, 2010
- Birla Corp eyes 3 percent rise in cement sales - Oct 24, 2011
- Kesoram Industries to invest Rs.1,125 crore - Jul 01, 2010
- Birla Corp Q1 net down 24 percent - Jul 28, 2012
- Birla Corp looking at overseas acquisitions - Oct 27, 2009
- Birla Corp. mulling cement plant in Ethiopia - Jun 28, 2012
- Karunanidhi to inaugurate Tamil Nadu Newsprint's new projects - Jan 18, 2011
- Graphite India's Q2 net slips 14.9 percent - Nov 14, 2011
- Himachal's cement production to go up - Mar 22, 2012
- Birla Corp to set up cement plant in Assam - Jan 13, 2011
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
Tags: 10 million, 5 million, 6 million, birla group, captive power plants, cement plant, corp ltd, crore, durgapur, execution, final phase, mp, mw, net profit, rajasthan, rs 2, tpd, turnover, west bengal