Birla Corporation completes adjourned AGMJune 29th, 2010 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 29 (IANS) Birla Corporation, the M.P. Birla Group flagship company controlled by the Lodhas, Tuesday finished its re-scheduled 90th annual general meeting (AGM).
The AGM was adjourned June 23 following an order of the Alipore Court. A company shareholder, owning 200 shares, had moved the court on the issue of postal ballots and obtained an ex parte order from District Judge Kalpana Dey.
Later, the Calcutta high Court vacated the stay and permitted the company to hold the AGM.
Shareholders Tuesday approved payment of a final dividend of Rs.3.50 per share, in addition to an interim dividend of Rs.2.50 already paid, a company statement said here. The total dividend payout will be Rs.53.95 crore against the previous year’s Rs.40.54 crore.
They also approved the appointment of Deepak Nayyar and M.K. Sharma as independent directors of the company. The reappointment of Harsh V. Lodha and D.N. Ghosh was also approved at the AGM.
Lodha clarified that Birla Corp did not need approval of the Company Law Board for these resolutions.
“The court has just directed that the ballot papers used in the polling to pass the resolutions be sealed and handed over to the CLB,” Lodha said on the sidelines of the AGM earlier in the day.
The Rs.5,000 crore M.P. Birla Group - controlled by the Lodhas - is involved in a legal battle with the Birla family.
The Lodhas have staked claim to ownership of the M.P. Birla estate based on Priyamvada Birla’s purported will bequeathing the entire wealth to R.S. Lodha, who has since died.
- Birla Corp AGM adjourned following court order - Jun 23, 2010
- Calcutta High Court allows Birla Corporation AGM - Jun 25, 2010
- Court-appointed panel to control Birla estate - Aug 23, 2012
- High drama at Birla Corp annual meeting - Jul 27, 2009
- Birla Corp to spend Rs.2,400 cr on expansion - Jun 23, 2010
- SC rejects Lodha's petition, Calcutta HC to hear case tomorrow - Jul 27, 2009
- Birla Corp AGM adjourned till Aug 24 (Lead) - Jul 27, 2009
- Birla Corp Q1 net down 24 percent - Jul 28, 2012
- R.S. Lodha's son is now Birla Corp chairman - Oct 23, 2009
- Birla Corp. mulling cement plant in Ethiopia - Jun 28, 2012
- Birla Corp to set up cement plant in Assam - Jan 13, 2011
- SAIL pays government Rs.425.36 crore interim dividend (With Image) - Apr 03, 2012
- Birla Corp to lay off staff at vinoleum division - Nov 17, 2009
- NTPC pays Rs.3,133 crore dividend for 2010-11 - Sep 30, 2011
- Birla Corp plans Rs.1,025 crore capacity expansion investment - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: annual general meeting, ballot papers, birla group, calcutta high court, crore, deepak nayyar, dey, district judge, dividend payout, flagship company, ghosh, group flagship, independent directors, interim dividend, kalpana, m p birla, priyamvada birla, r s lodha, rs 2, rs 40