Birla Corp AGM adjourned following court orderJune 23rd, 2010 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 23 (IANS) The annual general meeting (AGM) of the Birla Corporation Limited, controlled by the Lodhas, was adjourned Wednesday following a stay order given by a city court on a petition moved by one of the shareholders.
District judge Kalpana Dey gave the ex-parte stay order after Prabhat Sureka, who holds 200 shares, moved the court on the issue of postal ballots.
Birla Corporation chairman Harsh Lodha announced the adjournment after the company management was served a copy of the order by the petitioner’s lawyers.
Birla Corporation is the flagship company of the Rs.5,000 crore M.P. Birla Group - controlled by the Lodhas - which is involved in a legal battle with the Birla family.
The Lodhas have staked claim to ownership of the M.P. Birla estate based on Priyamvada Birla’s purported will bequeathing the entire wealth to R.S. Lodha, who has since died.
Following the stay order, the Birla Corporation appealed to the Calcutta High Court seeking vacation of the stay.
Justice Prosenjit Mondal fixed the matter for hearing Thursday morning after it was mentioned in his court.
- Calcutta High Court allows Birla Corporation AGM - Jun 25, 2010
- Birla Corporation completes adjourned AGM - Jun 29, 2010
- Court-appointed panel to control Birla estate - Aug 23, 2012
- SC rejects Lodha's petition, Calcutta HC to hear case tomorrow - Jul 27, 2009
- Birla Corp AGM adjourned till Aug 24 (Lead) - Jul 27, 2009
- High drama at Birla Corp annual meeting - Jul 27, 2009
- Birla Corp to spend Rs.2,400 cr on expansion - Jun 23, 2010
- Birla Corp Q1 net down 24 percent - Jul 28, 2012
- Birla Corp. mulling cement plant in Ethiopia - Jun 28, 2012
- Birla Corp to lay off staff at vinoleum division - Nov 17, 2009
- R.S. Lodha, beneficiary of Priyamvada's will, dead - Oct 03, 2008
- R.S. Lodha's son is now Birla Corp chairman - Oct 23, 2009
- R.S. Lodha's body to be flown to India Monday - Oct 04, 2008
- Lodha's last rites completed in Kolkata - Oct 08, 2008
- Birla Corp to set up cement plant in Assam - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: adjournment, agm, annual general meeting, ballots, birla corporation, birla family, birla group, calcutta high court, company management, dey, district judge, flagship company, june 23, kalpana, m p birla, petitioner, priyamvada birla, r s lodha, shareholders, thursday morning