Biocon to fund innovation cell at Hyderabad B-schoolJune 8th, 2009 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 8 (IANS) India’s biotechnology major Biocon Ltd. Monday announced the setting up of a cell for innovation management at Hyderabad’s Indian School of Business (ISB) with a corpus of Rs.1 crore.
To be run by the Centre for Leadership, Innovation and Change at the premier B-school, the Biocon Cell for Innovation Management (BCIM) will promote innovation in business and entrepreneurship.
“If India has to emerge as the entrepreneurship hub of the world, then innovation is the buzz word. Indians are full of ideas and our effort will make the ideas realise into reality by working in a concentrated manner,” Biocon chairperson Kiran Mazumdar Shaw told reporters here.
The cell will help organisations realise the gaps in their ability to innovate, assess and manage the risks associated with innovation and finally come up with high value strategic innovations at low cost.
“I would like the cell to understand the process of innovation, create and develop champions who will make innovation a part of corporate culture,” Shaw noted.
The board of BCIM, comprising a representative of Biocon, the executive director of the Centre for Leadership, other prominent industry leaders and academics in innovation and strategy, will play an advisory role to provide research ideas.
ISB dean Ajit Rangnekar said the partnership with Biocon was an innovative practice in Indian management education.
“The partnership will strengthen the trend started by us to set up an international quality business school in India. The objective of the Biocon cell is to foster innovation and link it to operational excellence,” Rangnekar maintained.
The cell will focus on understanding and streamlining knowledge processes through research.
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (with images) - Apr 13, 2012
- ISB event to provide start-up businesses access to funding - Dec 01, 2011
- Foundation stone of ISB's second campus in Mohali laid - Aug 11, 2010
- ISB not in race to open overseas campuses - Aug 11, 2010
- Pfizer snaps insulin marketing deal with Biocon - Mar 13, 2012
- Nine Indians among Asia's most powerful businesswomen to watch - Mar 01, 2012
- Biocon quarterly net profit up 25 percent - Apr 28, 2011
- Biocon ties up with Pfizer to market biosimilars - Oct 18, 2010
- Two more national level awards for Pune-based business school - Jan 31, 2011
- Coca-Cola, ISB to set up retail academy - Jan 10, 2011
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- Conscience over profit? Not business as usual - Jul 27, 2011
- Saudi youth get a feel of India's software power - Mar 28, 2012
- ISB signs MoU to provide executive education in Middle East - May 17, 2012
Tags: advisory role, ajit, b school, biocon ltd, buzz word, corporate culture, crore, hyderabad, indian school of business, industry leaders, innovation and change, innovation management, international quality, isb, kiran mazumdar shaw, knowledge processes, management education, operational excellence, quality business, research ideas