Binani Cement, Gujarat government sign MoU worth Rs.42 bnJanuary 13th, 2011 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Jan 13 (IANS) Binani Cement Thursday said it has signed an agreement worth Rs.4,200 crore (Rs.42 billion) with the Gujarat government to set up a 610 megawatt power plant, a cement factory and a captive jetty.”The agreement was recently signed between the Gujarat government and Binani Cement during the Vibrant Gujarat Summit,” the company said in a statement.
In the 2009 edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Summit, the company had inked an agreement to build a cement factory of 2.5 mtpa capacity. During the current summit, Binani signed a deal for another unit of 2.5 mtpa capacity, taking the total capacity to 5 mtpa.
The cement plant would be located in Junagadh and would manufacture both ordinary portland cement and pozzolona portland cement in equal ratio, the statement added.
The 610 MW thermal power plant would be built in three phases, starting with an initial capacity of 110 MW with two subsequent expansion of 210 MW each.
Also inked was an agreement with the Gujarat Maritime Board to set up a jetty having 10 mtpa capacity, which also would be completed in three phases.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the company closed 0.11 percent higher at Rs.87.40.
- Jaypee Group to invest Rs.33,000 crore in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2011
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- Concast plans to set up Rs. 8 bn cement plant in Arunachal - Feb 02, 2012
- Gujarat to have Asia's largest solar power park - Dec 30, 2010
- JK Group to invest Rs.1,300 crore in power sector foray - Apr 19, 2011
- Andhra gets Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment at Partnership Summit (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Competition panel levies Rs.6,000 crore penalty on cement firms - Jun 21, 2012
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- Iran to build power plant in Syria - Mar 11, 2012
- Adani Group acquires port in Australia - May 03, 2011
- Rs.6,000 crore penalty on 11 cement firms for price fixing (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- GVK Energy to set up two thermal power plants in Andhra - Jan 13, 2012
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
- Asia's largest solar park functional in Gujarat - Apr 19, 2012
- NALCO gears up for expansion,to enter metal and power sectors - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: binani cement, bn, bombay stock exchange, cement factory, cement plant, gujarat government, initial capacity, jetty, junagadh, maritime board, megawatt power plant, mtpa, ordinary portland cement, sign mou, summit, thermal power plant, vibrant gujarat, worth rs