Bihar registers highest growth rate of 16.71 percentJuly 17th, 2012 - 11:31 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 17 (IANS) Bihar recorded its highest growth rate of 16.71 percent during 2011-2012 thanks to a record in foodgrain production, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said Tuesday.
“Bihar has recorded growth rate of 16.71 percent in last fiscal, the highest in the last five years,” Modi, who also holds the finance portfolio, told media persons here.
Bihar produced 166.69 lakh tonnes of foodgrain during 2011-2012, compared to 103.47 lakh tonnes last year, Modi said, quoting latest figures which were made available in June.
Paddy production contributed the most. From 31.02 lakh tonnes in 2010-11, it jumped to 83.05 lakh tonnes in 2011-12, he said.
Modi said that the 2011-12 agriculture production marked a growth rate of 17.16 percent, which was considerably higher than in the previous years.
He said that there was misconception about Bihar’s growth rate as it was believed that it was based only on construction and communication. “It has now been established that the increase of growth rate has been because of record production of foodgrain.”
- Karnataka economy to dip to 6.4 percent - Mar 21, 2012
- Bihar's economy registers over 11 percent annual growth - Feb 22, 2012
- 'Domestic IT market grew to Rs.918 billion in 2011-12' - May 18, 2012
- Coal India misses production target - Apr 03, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to focus on agriculture, manufacturing - Oct 11, 2011
- India to produce 232 mn tonne foodgrains - Feb 09, 2011
- Record 250 mn tonnes food grain production in 2012-13: PM - Feb 15, 2012
- Food production may surpass target: Pawar - Sep 14, 2011
- Northeastern states lead service sector growth - Mar 15, 2012
- Chhattisgarh farmers earn record money in paddy sale - Feb 25, 2012
- Himachal growth rate projected to dip to 7.6 percent - Mar 16, 2012
- Punjab to export rice worth Rs.2,500 crore - Oct 05, 2011
- Poor rain hits paddy transplantation in Bihar - Jul 30, 2012
- Core industries' growth slumps to 2 percent in March - Apr 30, 2012
- Patna airport No.1 in passenger traffic growth - Feb 23, 2012