Bihar plans to develop Patna as metropolitan cityMarch 16th, 2008 - 9:50 pm ICT by admin
Patna, March 16 (IANS) The Bihar government plans to develop Patna as a metropolitan city by 2021. This was made clear by the final master plan for Greater Patna, to be built on the lines of the other metropolitan cities in the country. The Vision 2021, prepared by the state government, envisages a metropolitan city with satellite towns, high-rise buildings, expressways and wetlands.
A.K. Rai, deputy director (architecture and planning) of the State Urban Development Department, said the master plan put out Patna’s own Mass Rapid Transportation System (MRTS), inspired by the Delhi Metro Railway, Mumbai marine drive and other major infrastructure projects in the metropolises.
He said a detailed project report (DPR) would be sent to the central government by June 2008 for fund allocations under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewable Mission (JNNURM) and a feasibility report would be completed by September 2008.
Rai said current Patna spread of over 140 square km will be developed into a metropolitan city of 330 square km by 2021.
- Vadodra firm to plan Patna's new capital area - Dec 24, 2008
- PM mulls Rs.1,000 crore corpus for housing poor - Dec 13, 2011
- 548 projects sanctioned under urban renewal mission - Mar 13, 2012
- Patna to have its own Marine Drive (With Bihar roads story) - Jul 11, 2010
- Akhilesh government takes ahead Agra-Lucknow Expressway project - May 18, 2012
- Master Plan clears way for home buyers in Noida Extension - Aug 24, 2012
- Urban development funds based on states' performance: Montek - Dec 03, 2010
- Three-fold rise in urban renewal funds likely: Kamal Nath - Feb 06, 2012
- Urban sanitation hopelessly inadequate: Parliament panel - Apr 30, 2012
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Maharashtra to bid for UN recognition to six wetlands (With Images) - Sep 07, 2012
- Neighbouring states lukewarm to expressways: Dikshit - Dec 27, 2011
- New policy to focus on public transport - Aug 12, 2010
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: bihar government, central government, delhi metro, deputy director, detailed project, dpr, expressways, feasibility report, fund allocations, high rise buildings, infrastructure projects, jawaharlal nehru, metro railway, metropolises, metropolitan cities, metropolitan city, patna, rapid transportation, satellite towns, urban development department