Bihar mulls ‘private land bank’ to woo investorsFebruary 15th, 2012 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 15 (IANS) The Bihar government Wednesday said it will help set up a “private land bank” to ensure hassle-free availability of plots to industrialists looking to set up units in the state.
“We are studying whether to develop the land bank as a private venture or in public-private partnership mode. The government will soon finalise it,” Principal Secretary (industry department) C.K. Mishra said here.
While the state government will not directly purchase land, it will develop infrastructure around plots sold by willing farmers to investors.
It will also provide incentives for industrial units to be set up there.
According to officials of the industry department, the government is facing problems in acquisition of land for setting up industries.
“The state has high population density and most of the land available is used for farming,” an official explained.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had earlier said Bihar will adopted a new model for acquisition of land for industry and other ventures of public good, where it would act merely as a link between investors and landowners.
“The government will not directly acquire land. Instead, the government would work as a link between investors and landowners,” Mishra said.
The government has also been creating its own land bank.
- Haryana approves land pooling scheme for farmers - Jul 20, 2012
- The beer hug: Bihar emerging as brewery hub - Jan 16, 2012
- Reforms coming too slowly in Bengal: Investors (One year of Mamata Banerjee) - May 14, 2012
- Assocham for tax sops to promote SEZs - Apr 22, 2012
- Asia's largest aerospace hub near Bangalore soon - Jun 04, 2012
- Land acquisition law must avert conflict, push development(Comment) - Jul 14, 2011
- MPs' panel trashes railways' reliance on PPP route - May 01, 2012
- Investment climate to be restored within two-three months: Moily - Jul 24, 2012
- Corruption-hit Karnataka to end graft at lower levels - Nov 06, 2011
- Karnataka to use farm lands as equity in agri ventures (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Discuss land acquisition problems with us: Bengal minister - Jul 02, 2011
- Haryana farmers get Rs.10,697 crore for procured wheat - May 13, 2012
- No need of CBI probe in land allotment: Nitish Kumar - Aug 01, 2011
- UP invites investment for Lucknow IT park - Jun 14, 2012
- Trinamool not for FDI in retail market - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: acquisition, bihar government, chief minister, department c, farmers, free availability, hassle, incentives, industrialists, infrastructure, investors, landowners, mishra, new model, population density, principal secretary, private land, private venture, public private partnership, state government