Bhilai Steel Plant targets 5.8 mn tonnes annual outputJune 16th, 2009 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 16 (IANS) State-run steel manufacturing unit Bhilai Steel Plant has set a target of 5.8 million tonnes of hot metal production for 2009-10, it was announced here Tuesday.
The Bhilai unit, the largest steel producing plant of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL), is planning to produce 5.8 million tonnes of hot metal, 5.53 million tones of crude steel and 4.77 million tones of saleable steel during the current fiscal, an official statement said.
The plant had seen a record production last fiscal. It produced 5.4 million tonnes of hot metal, 5.2 million tonnes of crude steel and 4.5 million tonnes of saleable steel in 2008-09, the statement added.
The Bhilai unit has made major progress in its efforts to bag a massive iron ore reserve in Chhattisgarh’s southern Bastar region for mining, a senior official told IANS.
The plant has been eyeing the 2,028-hectare Rowghat Iron Ore Mine-Deposit F in Matla reserve forests for a long time.
The official, who did not want to named, said the plant has received an environmental clearance notification earlier this month from the ministry of environment and forests.
The Deposit F has an annual production capacity of 14 million tonnes.
The Rs.2,500-crore Rowghat project is considered to be the lifeline for the Bhilai plant as its existing source of iron ore at Dalli Rajhara in Durg district hardly has stocks to feed the plant for three-four more years.
“The plant is set to bag Rowghat’s massive F deposit for which the plant management was striving since August 1983 when a first proposal for mining lease was moved,” the official said.
- Bhilai Steel gets iron ore mining rights in Chhattisgarh - Oct 28, 2009
- Production at SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant dips - Apr 10, 2012
- Rourkela steel plant records best production in Q1 - Jul 02, 2012
- Chhattisgarh's Dalli Rajhara-Rowghat rail project gets fresh boost - Aug 05, 2012
- Bhilai plant produced 5.37 m tonnes hot metal in 2009-10 - Apr 03, 2010
- Steel authority set to bag Chhattisgarh iron ore reserve - Aug 12, 2009
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever performance - Jan 03, 2010
- RSP achieves best-ever saleable steel production - Oct 03, 2011
- Fire breaks out at SAIL Chhattisgarh unit, production affected (Lead) - Feb 01, 2010
- MPs visit SAIL mining site in Chhattisgarh - Jun 04, 2011
- SAIL Bhilai unit set to return to normal production - Feb 09, 2010
- Bhilai Steel Plant faces severe water crisis - Oct 06, 2009
- Rourkela Steel sees best ever production - Aug 01, 2011
- Goa not in iron deposit intensive areas list - Jan 12, 2012
- Rourkela Steel sees best-ever performance - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: 5 million, bastar, chhattisgarh, crude steel, environmental clearance, four more years, hot metal, iron ore, lifeline, massive iron, matla, ministry of environment, ministry of environment and forests, ore reserve, plant management, rs 2, steel authority of india ltd, steel manufacturing, steel plant, target