Bhilai plant produced 5.37 m tonnes hot metal in 2009-10April 3rd, 2010 - 11:27 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 3 (IANS) Bhilai Steel Plant, the highest profit making unit of India’s largest public sector steel producer, Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL), has ended its 2009-10 fiscal year with production of 5.370 million tonnes (MT) of hot metal, the company said Saturday.
“Bhilai Steel Plant concluded the fiscal 2009-10 on a strong note, registering a capacity utilisation of 114.3 percent, 130.2 percent and 138.6 percent in hot metal, crude steel and saleable steel production respectively, as it ended the year with production of 5.370 MT of hot metal, 5.109 MT of crude steel and 4.370 MT of saleable steel respectively,” according to a statement by the plant.
The plant, based some 30 km west of Chhattisgarh state capital Raipur, had seen a record production in 2008-09 as it touched 5.4 million tonnes of hot metal, 5.2 million tonnes of crude steel and 4.5 million tonnes of saleable steel production mark.
“In fiscal 2009-10, the coke ovens recorded the highest oven pushing rate of 746. The ore handling plant handled a record 15.82 MT of material,” the statement added.
The production at the Bhilai unit was stalled for over a week in February after a major fire broke out in the cable tunnel of its power and blowing station that supplies compressed air to the plant’s blast furnaces which produce hot metal.
Plant officials say that SAIL is investing some Rs.17,000 crore on modernisation and expansion work of its flagship unit to raise its annual hot metal production to 7.5 million tonnes by 2011-12.
- Production at SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant dips - Apr 10, 2012
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever Q-1 output - Jul 02, 2010
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever performance - Jan 03, 2010
- Rourkela steel plant records best production in Q1 - Jul 02, 2012
- Bhilai Steel Plant faces severe water crisis - Oct 06, 2009
- Fire breaks out at SAIL Chhattisgarh unit, production affected (Lead) - Feb 01, 2010
- RSP achieves best-ever saleable steel production - Oct 03, 2011
- SAIL Bhilai unit set to return to normal production - Feb 09, 2010
- Bhilai Steel Plant targets 5.8 mn tonnes annual output - Jun 16, 2009
- Rourkela Steel sees best ever production - Aug 01, 2011
- SAIL's Bhilai unit bags PM's trophy for 10th time - Jan 13, 2012
- Bhilai Steel Plant faces water scarcity - Jun 26, 2009
- Rourkela Steel sees best-ever performance - Sep 02, 2011
- Bhilai Steel Plant achieves highest production so far - Apr 03, 2009
- Rourkela Steel records highest ever December production - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: 5 million, bhilai steel plant, blast furnaces, cable tunnel, capacity utilisation, chhattisgarh, coke ovens, crore, crude steel, expansion work, fiscal year, hot metal, modernisation, plant officials, public sector, steel authority of india ltd, steel producer, steel production