BHEL’s eastern wing eyeing to double turnoverApril 5th, 2012 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 5 (IANS) State-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)’s eastern wing is eyeing to double its turnover in the next five years to Rs.54 billion, a top official of the power plant equipment major has said.
BHEL Power Sector Eastern Region (PSER) has reported 24 percent increase in its turnover at Rs.27 billion during 2011-12 from Rs.21.74 billion in the previous fiscal.
“We are aiming at a turnover of Rs.31 billion during 2012-13. We are also eyeing to double our turnover from Rs.27 billion to Rs.54 billion by 2016-17,” PSER-BHEL General Manager M. Rajiv Kumar told media persons here Wednesday evening.
The eastern wing of the power plant equipment-maker reported a profit before tax (PBT) of Rs.1.58 billion in the last fiscal, registering a growth of 29 percent over the previous fiscal.
Kumar said PSER was also eyeing a PBT of more than Rs.3 billion this fiscal.
“We have targeted to achieve capacity addition of more than 3,000 MW during the current financial year,” he informed.
He claimed that PSER-BHEL has achieved the highest so far capacity addition by adding 2,838 MW to the grid in 2011-12.
- 260 percent power capacity added between 10th and 11th Plans - Aug 17, 2012
- BHEL wins Rs.60-billion order from Karnataka Power Corp - Aug 02, 2010
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
- BHEL to expand boiler division capacity to 20,000 MW - Apr 05, 2011
- BHEL FPO on hold, profit rises 14.3 percent in 2011-12 - Apr 03, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite Corp to add 1,000 MW this fiscal - May 28, 2012
- BHEL exploring non-power equipment business for profits - Aug 11, 2012
- Emami to open plants in Bangladesh and Egypt - Jul 06, 2012
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
- BHEL mulls shipping boilers - Jul 21, 2011
- Neyveli Lignite's power plant to be ready this fiscal - Apr 04, 2010
- Sterling Agro buys wind energy equipment from Suzlon - Jan 15, 2011
- Tamil Nadu power crisis may ease - Jun 04, 2011
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012