BHEL wins Rs.60-billion order from Karnataka Power CorpAugust 2nd, 2010 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 2 (IANS) State-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) bagged a Rs.60 billion (Rs.6,000 crore) order from the Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd (KPCL) for setting up a 2×800 MW thermal power plant at Yermarus in Raichur district, about 500 km from here.
“As part of this deal, we will take 26 percent equity stake in the Rs.1,200-crore joint venture being set up to build the power projects. We are expecting another order from KPCL for one more 800 MW unit,” BHEL Chairman and Managing Director B.P. Rao told reporters here.
As part of its growth strategy, BHEL is in the process of setting up thermal plants jointly with various state governments to augment power generation in the 11th and 12th five-year plans.
“We have signed agreements with states such as Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh for setting up thermal or gas-based power plants of 1,500mw, 2×800mw and 2×800mw capacity respectively,” Rao said.
BHEL is also in talks with Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and West Bengal for setting up power plants of similar capacity.
“We will be investing about Rs.1,600 crore over the next three years to expand our capacity to manufacture equipment for about 20,000 MW in our plants across the country,” Rao noted.
The company has also finalised technology for its proposed 250 MW solar photovoltaic plant jointly with the other state-run Bharat Electronics Ltd.
“We have set $11-billion sales turnover target for fiscal 2012 as against the target of $10 billion for this fiscal. We are also ramping up our headcount by hiring about 4,000 engineers this fiscal,” Rao added.
- BHEL bags Rs.3,700 crore order in Karnataka - Oct 07, 2010
- Karnataka aims to become power surplus in five years - Sep 29, 2009
- BHEL to set up 5MW solar power plant in Karnataka - Jun 18, 2011
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
- Karnataka ties up for 1,000 MW power from NTPC, Neyveli - Jan 04, 2011
- BHEL's eastern wing eyeing to double turnover - Apr 05, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite to soon finalise power equipment suppliers - May 29, 2012
- BHEL signs JV with Madhya Pradesh power plant - Jan 28, 2010
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- BHEL to expand boiler division capacity to 20,000 MW - Apr 05, 2011
- Tamil Nadu power crisis may ease - Jun 04, 2011
- Tamil Nadu power generator to float tenders for two power projects - Jan 30, 2012
- Baring Private Equity invests $90 million in Cethar Vessels - Dec 30, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh, corporation ltd, electricals ltd, electronics ltd, equity stake, five year plans, growth strategy, headcount, kpcl, photovoltaic plant, power plants, power projects, rao, rs 6, sales turnover, state governments, target, thermal plants, thermal power plant, west bengal