BHEL to set up 5MW solar power plant in KarnatakaJune 18th, 2011 - 12:09 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 17 (IANS) State-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) Friday bagged an order from Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd (KPCL) to set up a 5 megawatt (MW) solar power plant at Shivasamudram in the state’s Mandya district.
“The Rs.62-crore order envisages setting up an eco-friendly grid-connected solar photovoltaic plant at Shivasamudram to generate 5MW using crystalline silicon chips, which absorb sunlight and convert it into electricity,” the company’s city-based electronics division said in a statement here.
The turnkey project involves design, manufacture, supply, installation and operation and maintenance of the solar plant.
“With the latest order, we have solar photovoltaic-based power projects of various capacities in the southern state to generate a total of 16MW power,” the statement noted.
The DC power generated by the solar panels will be converted into AC with inverters and fed into the grid through transformers.
The solar modules are manufactured at the division’s plant on the outskirts of Bangalore.
Starting with small applications such as solar-powered street lighting, rural water pumping systems, railway signalling and offshore drilling platforms, BHEL supplied and commissioned large size stand-alone and grid interactive solar power plants in a number of cities and remote areas across the country.
BHEL also exports solar cells and modules to Australia, Germany and Italy, the statement added.
- Abound Solar, Solarsis commission plant in Andhra - Jan 16, 2012
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
- BHEL wins Rs.60-billion order from Karnataka Power Corp - Aug 02, 2010
- BHEL bags Rs.3,700 crore order in Karnataka - Oct 07, 2010
- Bangalore firm develops portable solar power generator - Apr 09, 2012
- Southern power grid safe from tripping (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- India's solar power mission on schedule - Mar 15, 2011
- India's solar mission visionary: Australian report - Jun 26, 2011
- India's first 3 MW solar plant unveiled in Karnataka - Jun 17, 2010
- Stone India forays into solar power projects - Jul 14, 2010
- 'Southern power grid safe from tripping' - Aug 02, 2012
- West Bengal planning new renewable energy policy - Apr 12, 2012
- BHEL, BEL to float joint venture for solar panels facility - Sep 01, 2009
- Tibet to have solar power generation base - Apr 17, 2012
- India sparks solar energy market: Report - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: corporation ltd, crore, crystalline silicon, electricals ltd, grid interactive, inverters, mandya, megawatt, offshore drilling platforms, photovoltaic plant, power projects, pumping systems, silicon chips, solar cells, solar modules, solar panels, solar plant, solar power plant, solar power plants, turnkey project