BHEL to expand boiler division capacity to 20,000 MWApril 5th, 2011 - 2:57 pm ICT by IANS
Tiruchirapalli (Tamil Nadu), April 5 (IANS) Power equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd will complete expanding its boiler unit’s capacity to 20,000 MW by the end of this fiscal, a top company official said here Tuesday.
“The third phase of capacity expansion (from 15,000 MW to 20,000 MW) works are progressing as per schedule and will be completed by March 2012,” Executive Director A.V. Krishnan told reporters while sharing the division’s performance for 2010-11.
According to him, all preparatory and pre-execution works have been carried out in time to ramp up the capacity to 20,000 MW.
The boiler unit - located around 335 km from Chennai - closed the last fiscal with a turnover of Rs.12,275 crore and a before tax profit of Rs.3,250 crore, up from Rs.10,009 crore and Rs.2,813 crore respectively earned during 2009-10.
Last year, the division booked orders worth Rs.15,631 crore, taking the total outstanding order book size to Rs.39,121 crore.
The new orders include seven super critical boilers (boilers that can operate at very high temperature) including three 800 MW, one 700 MW and three 660 MW.
He said repeat orders for 10 sets of 270 MW boilers were received from the India Bulls group last year.
On the exports side, BHEL’s boiler division shipped out 11,500 tonnes of boiler components to countries like Indonesia, New Caledonia, Sudan and Belarus.
According to Krishnan, the advanced technology product manufacturing facilities are expanded to handle up to 700 MW nuclear power plant equipments like steam generators and reactor headers.
BHEL’s boiler division bagged orders for 32 reactor heads for 700 MW nuclear power stations and is executing orders for eight steam generators.
- BHEL looks at South African market for CFBC boilers - Jan 31, 2012
- BHEL starts supplying super critical boilers - Apr 04, 2012
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- BHEL mulls shipping boilers - Jul 21, 2011
- Windfall for Tamil Nadu power equipment makers - Sep 18, 2011
- Bharat Heavy Electricals to invest Rs.485 crore in boiler division (Lead) - Aug 15, 2009
- Bharat Heavy Electricals to expand boiler division - Aug 15, 2009
- BHEL exploring non-power equipment business for profits - Aug 11, 2012
- BHEL to invest Rs.690 cr for piping plant in Tamil Nadu - Apr 02, 2010
- Baring Private Equity invests $90 million in Cethar Vessels - Dec 30, 2010
- Indian nuclear reactors generate record power - Apr 04, 2012
- IGCAR to develop advanced boiler for coal- fired power plants - Sep 06, 2010
- India to design advanced ultra super critical boilers - Jan 07, 2011
- 260 percent power capacity added between 10th and 11th Plans - Aug 17, 2012
- BHEL bags Rs.3,700 crore order in Karnataka - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: advanced technology, boiler components, boilers, capacity expansion, crore, electricals ltd, execution works, executive director, high temperature, manufacturing facilities, new caledonia, nuclear power plant, nuclear power stations, reactor, rs 2, steam generators, tamil nadu, tax profit, technology product, tonnes