BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plantJuly 5th, 2012 - 4:09 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 5 (IANS) Power equipment major Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) Thursday successfully set up the third 250 MW advanced class gas turbine at Delhi’s 1,500 MW Pragati-III combined cycle power plant in Bawana, a company statement said.
“The full load operation of the unit (250 MW advanced class gas turbine) has been achieved within a day of it getting synchronised. With this, turbines with 2,250 MW generation capacity have been commissioned in the first quarter of the current fiscal,” the statement said.
The power plant would now be able to feed a total of 1,000 MW into the grid, it added.
BHEL won the turnkey contract for setting up the gas turbine-based combined cycle power plant of Pragati Power Corporation in an international competitive bidding.
The power equipment major earlier set up a 330 MW turbine on turnkey basis, which has been performing exceedingly well since commissioning.
Weighing 280 tonnes, the advanced class gas turbine is the country’s highest rated turbine and a total of four such generators will be installed at the power plant.
The total order value of the project is around Rs.3,588 crore, a BHEL official said.
- Northeastern India's largest power project to ease electricity woes - Nov 21, 2011
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro bags order worth Rs.3,500 crore - May 16, 2011
- 260 percent power capacity added between 10th and 11th Plans - Aug 17, 2012
- ONGC to commission first power project in Tripura - Jun 03, 2011
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- Siemens to invest Rs.400 crore on wind turbines in India - Nov 30, 2010
- BHEL to expand boiler division capacity to 20,000 MW - Apr 05, 2011
- BHEL bags Rs.3,700 crore order in Karnataka - Oct 07, 2010
- BHEL to set up 5MW solar power plant in Karnataka - Jun 18, 2011
- NEEPCO project in Tripura to run by water, thermal heat - Dec 25, 2010
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite's 250 MW boiler operating at full load - Feb 07, 2012
- Windfall for Tamil Nadu power equipment makers - Sep 18, 2011
- Bawana plant delayed due to Delhi government's laxity: CAG - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: bharat heavy electricals, bharat heavy electricals ltd, bhel, combined cycle power, combined cycle power plant, competitive bidding, cycle power plant, first quarter, gas turbine, generation capacity, generators, mw, pragati, turbines, turnkey basis, turnkey contract