BHEL FPO on hold, profit rises 14.3 percent in 2011-12April 3rd, 2012 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 3 (IANS) State-owned Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) Tuesday said its follow on offer (FPO) for which the draft prospectus was filed with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) last year has been put off.
In a regulatory filing, the power equipment maker said it would withdraw initial papers filed with the capital market regulator. It said the board of directors had approved the decision after “receipt of ‘no-objection’ for withdrawal of DRHP (draft red herring prospectus) for FPO (follow on public offer) from Department of Heavy industry and Department of Disinvestment.”
BHEL had filed DRHP last year for the FPO under which the government planned to offload 5 percent stake in the company. The move was expected to fetch the firm almost Rs.4,000 crore.
The government holds 67.72 percent stake in the company.
BHEL did not give any reasons behind the decision. But Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel has said the stake sale, which was approved by the cabinet last year, could happen in the 2012-13 fiscal.
An Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) led by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee which met in February to decide on the stake sale remained inconclusive and was pushed to the next financial year.
The company also Tuesday declared its provisional net profit which rose 14.3 percent to Rs 68.7 billion for the just concluded 2011/12 fiscal year.
The firm’s provisional turnover during 2011-12 was Rs.49,301 crore.
Its order inflows during the period under review were Rs.22,096 crore while the earning per share stood at 28.1.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the company closed 1.50 percent up at Rs.264.20.
- Shipping Corporation expects to file DRHP this quarter - Oct 06, 2010
- 5 percent equity divestment in BHEL cleared - Aug 30, 2011
- ONGC to start two petrochemical projects by 2013 - Aug 30, 2011
- Coal India to decide on anchor investor in two-three days - Aug 13, 2010
- Gujarat NRE Minerals to file draft papers for IPO - Sep 10, 2010
- NTPC's first quarter net profit up 12.69 percent - Jul 25, 2011
- Government to sell NTPC's 5 % stake by February 3 - Jan 15, 2010
- EGoM fails to decide on ONGC, BHEL stake sales - Feb 15, 2012
- BHEL's net profit rises 46.52 percent - May 23, 2011
- Government to raise Rs.4,000 crore by selling stake in SAIL (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- TCG Lifesciences to foray into bio-tech medicine - Feb 16, 2012
- BEML posts Rs.14 crore net loss in Q4 of 2011-12 - May 31, 2012
- Micromax launches world's lightest touch phone - Oct 20, 2010
- BEL records marginal sales growth in 2011-12 - Apr 02, 2012
- BHEL quarterly net profit rises 13 percent - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,