Bharti to launch medium-sized retail store next monthNovember 3rd, 2008 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 3 (IANS) Bharti Enterprises, one of the leading business groups in the country which has interests in telecom, insurance and retail, Monday said it will launch its first medium-sized retail store in Punjab next month.“We will start with Ludhiana as our first destination for the medium-sized format and then move on to other cities next year,” Bharti Enterprises managing director Rajan Bharti Mittal told reporters here on the sidelines of a conference.
The company currently has 12 convenience stores, christened as Bharti EasyDay, in the country.
Bharti has a technical agreement with the US retail giant Wal-Mart for the latter’s front-end retail stores. The two groups have also entered into a 50:50 joint venture deal for the back-end cash and carry segment.
Asked about the economic slowdown, Mittal said: “There is no slowdown as far as retail plans are concerned, one just needs to have a strong back-end and infrastructure in order.”
- Wal-Mart to target 35,000 Indian farmers for agri-business supply chain by 2015 - Oct 26, 2010
- Bharti Walmart launches global money transfer service - May 24, 2011
- Comments from India Inc. on foreign equity in retail trade - Nov 25, 2011
- Bharti Walmart planning more wholesale stores, Punjab is focus - Aug 06, 2010
- French retailer Carrefour opens first wholesale store in India - Dec 30, 2010
- Reversal in retail policy will be major setback: Stakeholders - Dec 03, 2011
- Bharti Wal-Mart to train Delhi's youth - Jul 22, 2010
- Walmart training centre opens in New Delhi - Jul 23, 2010
- Bharti Walmart launches supply chain system in Punjab - Mar 30, 2010
- Recall of retail FDI regressive, disappointing: India Inc (Roundup) - Dec 07, 2011
- Wal-Mart Q3 profit below estimates - Nov 16, 2011
- Bharti, Wal-Mart open their first joint store in India (Lead) - May 30, 2009
- Rajan Bharti Mittal is new FICCI president - Feb 27, 2010
- Bharti, Wal-Mart open first joint store in India - May 30, 2009
- Indian Oil, Reliance lead Indian 8 in Fortune 500 - Jul 10, 2012