Bharti inks deal with British chain for pizzeriasOctober 28th, 2011 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 28 (IANS) After telecom, retail and beverages, the Bharti Group is set to open a chain of pizzerias in India in a 50:50 joint venture with a UK-based casual dining chain, it was announced Friday.
Gourmet Investments, a fund set up by Bharti Group promoters for private investment, and PizzaExpress Holdings have entered into an agreement to open these casual dining restaurants across India.
Ramit Bharti Mittal, the elder son of Rakesh Bharti Mittal, will head the chain that hopes to open the first restaurant sometime next near.
Founded by Peter Boizot, PizzaExpress has been serving handmade pizzas for over 45 years in Britain. Over 450 restaurants later, PizzaExpress has expanded to China, Europe, Hong Kong, Japan and the Middle East.
- Del Monte unveils food processing plant in India - Nov 02, 2010
- Wine and dine al fresco in capital weather - Jan 28, 2012
- Pizza Hut to open more stores that offer wine and beer (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Pizza Hut to open more stores that offer wine and beer - Dec 24, 2011
- Niche international food brands ready to enter Indian market - Dec 03, 2011
- Comments from India Inc. on foreign equity in retail trade - Nov 25, 2011
- Mainland China to expand to SE Asia - May 16, 2012
- Wal-Mart to target 35,000 Indian farmers for agri-business supply chain by 2015 - Oct 26, 2010
- Shilpa Shetty buys stake in Gourmet Group - Aug 27, 2009
- New Italian delights under candlelight at Rhapsody - May 05, 2010
- Tatas sign formal pact for opening Starbucks cafes in India - Jan 30, 2012
- Indian platter goes casual; eateries reap bounty - Oct 23, 2011
- US trade mission visits Mumbai - Apr 11, 2011
- Bharti, Del Monte launch food products range - May 26, 2009
- Bharti Walmart planning more wholesale stores, Punjab is focus - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: 45 years, beverages, bharti group, casual dining, gourmet, group promoters, hong kong, India, inks, investments, japan and the middle east, joint venture, New Delhi, pizzaexpress, pizzas, pizzerias, private investment, ramit, restaurants, telecom