Bharti AXA to infuse Rs.200 crore additional capital in 2012March 5th, 2012 - 5:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 5 (IANS) Private sector insurer Bharti AXA General Insurance is looking at an additional Rs.200 crore capital infusion this calendar year to fund its expansion plans, a top company official said here Monday.
“We expect to grow by 35 to 40 percent this calendar year, which is double the industry rate. In view of our expansion plans with special focus on the semi-urban and rural markets in the east and south, we plan to infuse Rs.200 capital this year,” the company’s chief financial officer, N.S. Kumar, told mediapersons.
The company, a joint venture between Sunil Mittal-led Bharti Enterprises Ltd holding 74 per cent equity and French global insurance group AXA with 26 per cent, has a paid up capital of
Rs.746 crore. It holds 3.5 percent of the market share in the insurance sector.
Motor insurance constitutes 70 percent of the company’s portfolio, with health accounting for 17 percent health and other commercial lines the balance 13 percent. It has sought approval from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) to foray into the travel insurance segment and applied for 10 add-on covers in the motor vehicles segment.
It also plans to introduce a zero depreciation plan for two wheelers during this calendar year. This will fully compensate a claim for a premium which is around 20 percent higher than the normal cover.
“We provide the cover for all motor vehicles except two wheelers. We have applied before the IRDA and hope to get the nod latest by June,” Kumar said.
With specifically designed insurance cover for lower income groups as well as affordable protection against common risk, the company has tied up with several NGOs and micro-finance institutions to expand its presence in the eastern market.
“Our idea is to target the tier II, III and IV cities through cost effective ways,” Kumar added.
- Bharti Axa hopeful of signing a bancassurance deal in 2011 - Nov 30, 2010
- Bharti to exit from financial services joint venture with AXA - Jun 10, 2011
- RIL calls off acquisition of Bharti AXA - Nov 25, 2011
- Bharti Axa to offer innovative motor policy - Dec 14, 2009
- Bharti Axa launches add-on covers for cars - Dec 10, 2009
- IRDA fines two Bharti Axa insurance companies - Aug 27, 2010
- Expert 'actuaries' who assess insurance risk getting younger - Dec 28, 2010
- Insurers to discuss revision in health, motor insurance - Jul 03, 2012
- Bharti Axa Life to launch two new products - Mar 10, 2011
- IRDA move will kill variable insurance segment: Industry - Oct 23, 2010
- Naming of RIL's insurance venture will be interesting - Jun 11, 2011
- IRDA asks life insurers to defy SEBI ban (Lead) - Apr 11, 2010
- IRDA to contest SEBI order (With SEBI bans 14 insurance companies from selling ULIPs) - Apr 10, 2010
- Metro Tyres to invest Rs.100 crore to expand production - Jul 05, 2012
- ING Vysya Life to raise equity base by Rs.227 crore - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: axa, bharti axa, bharti enterprises ltd, capital infusion, foray, general insurance, global insurance, income groups, insurance group, insurance regulatory and development authority, insurance sector, insurance segment, irda, micro finance institutions, mittal, motor insurance, rs 200, s kumar, tier ii, two wheelers