Bharti Axa plans to strengthen branches, expand businessJune 5th, 2009 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 5 (IANS) The promoters of private life insurer Bharti Axa Life Insurance will infuse Rs.100 crore in the next quarter to strengthen the company’s branches and expand business so that it can break even by 2012-13, a top official said here Friday.
Bharti group and French group Axa are the promoters of the Rs.360-crore company.
“This year the company will not add any new branches to its existing 203 units. On the other hand we will increase our agency force by 20,000 to 50,000 agents,” Rishi Mathur, head of product development and customer management, told reporters.
The company will also increase its telcassurance outlets - telecom outlets that sell life insurance polices - by 3,000 to 7,000 outlets.
Bharti group’s proposed retail outlets will also sell life insurance policies.
Mathur said the company would soon unveil performance norms for branch managers.
“The norms not only provides flexibility and authority to the branch managers in managing the costs but also fixes accountability and responsibility,” he added.
The company has set revenue target of Rs.1,000 crore for the current fiscal and will shortly come out with health and micro insurance products, Mathur said.
Bharti Axa will also set up a call centre to address the needs of its agency force.
- Bharti to exit from financial services joint venture with AXA - Jun 10, 2011
- RIL calls off acquisition of Bharti AXA - Nov 25, 2011
- Shriram Life to tap clients of group companies - Jan 12, 2011
- PNB to finalise life insurance joint venture - Jul 07, 2011
- IRDA fines two Bharti Axa insurance companies - Aug 27, 2010
- Bharti Axa hopeful of signing a bancassurance deal in 2011 - Nov 30, 2010
- It is a status quo budget with routine announcements: Insurance sector (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Star Union Dai-ichi to target SMEs for group insurance - Sep 14, 2010
- IRDA move will kill variable insurance segment: Industry - Oct 23, 2010
- South African fund shows interest in Indian insurance - Sep 07, 2011
- Bharti Axa to offer innovative motor policy - Dec 14, 2009
- Profitability big challenge for Indian insurers: Report - Apr 11, 2011
- Reliance Life looks to next big steps in ties with Nippon - Oct 09, 2011
- Bharti AXA to infuse Rs.200 crore additional capital in 2012 - Mar 05, 2012
- Now insurance on funeral expenses, job losses - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: accountability, axa, axa life insurance, bharti axa, bharti group, branch managers, call centre, crore, customer management, french group, insurance products, life insurance policies, life insurer, performance norms, polices, private life, promoters, retail outlets, revenue target, rs 1