Bharti Airtel Q1 net profit declines 37 percentAugust 8th, 2012 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) Telecom service provider Bharti Airtel Wednesday posted a 37 percent decline in net profit at Rs.762 crores for the quarter ended June 30 against Rs.1,215 crore during the like period of the previous financial year.
The total revenue, however, increased 14 percent to Rs.19,350 crores during the quarter under review as compared to 16,975 crores during the year ago period, the company said in a statement.
“Telecom revenue in India has been depressed due to hyper competition and recent regulatory and tax development,” said Sunil Bharti Mittal, chairman and managing director of Bharti Airtel.
“I am happy to note that despite these adverse developments, Airtel has kept its focus on network expansion, market investment, superior customer experience and new product innovation,” he added.
The overall customer base stands at Rs.260.7 million across 20 countries, the company said.
- Bharti Airtel Q1 net profit down 37 percent (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Bharti Airtel's quarterly net profit drops - Aug 03, 2011
- Bharti Airtel's shares fall for 2nd consecutive day - Aug 09, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly revenue rises by 17 percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income down 28 percent (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Bharti Airtel's quarterly net profit declines 22.4 percent (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Bharti Airtel Q2 net profit declines 38 percent - Nov 04, 2011
- Bharti Airtel profit plunges 26.5 percent - Nov 10, 2010
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income declines 28 percent - May 02, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income decreases 31.46 percent - May 05, 2011
- Bharti Airtel reports 32 percent drop in net profit - Aug 11, 2010
- Airtel revenue rises in Africa - May 02, 2012
- Bharti Airtel net slumps 41 percent on spectrum cost, margins (Lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- Airtel ranked best operator by Nigerian telecom regulator - May 11, 2012
- Airtel pays Rs.1,177.5 crore licence, spectrum charges - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: airtel, crore, crores, customer base, customer experience, decline, India, managing director, market investment, net profit, network expansion, New Delhi, product innovation, quarter ended june, rs 1, telecom revenue, telecom service provider