Bharti Airtel mulls IPO of tower unitAugust 8th, 2012 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 8 (IANS) Bharti Airtel Wednesday said it has appointed a committee of the board of directors to consider an initial public offer (IPO) for selling up to 10 percent stake in its telecom tower unit, Bharti Infratel Ltd (BIL).
“The board of directors of Bharti Airtel has constituted a committee of its board of directors to consider and finalise the terms and conditions with respect to participation in the offer for sale of equity shares up to 10 percent of BIL’s equity share capital and for matters incidental thereto,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
The company, however, did not specify the timing of the listing and gave no assurance whether the offering will take place at all.
“The final decision for the proposed issue will be taken by the the board of directors of BIL,” the company said.
BIL has over 33,000 towers currently in operation.
- Bharti Airtel records two percent profit in third quarter - Jan 22, 2010
- Kuwait's Zain approves Bharti's bid to connect with Africa (Lead) - Mar 25, 2010
- Bharti Airtel to acquire Telecom Seychelles for $62 million - Aug 11, 2010
- Zain confirms nod to Bharti's offer for African telecom assets - Mar 25, 2010
- Reliance Communications examining sale of controlling stake in arm - May 31, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam to acquire minority stake in Dion Global - Feb 10, 2012
- Bharti Airtel Q1 net profit declines 37 percent - Aug 08, 2012
- Bharti Airtel moves to close deal with Dhaka telecom firm - Dec 30, 2009
- Exploring stake sale in telecom towers arm: Ambani - Sep 04, 2012
- Exploring stake sale in telecom towers arm: Ambani (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Airtel officials sold shares worth Rs.4.6 crore - Nov 22, 2011
- Dhaka telecom regulator okays Bharti Airtel's entry - Jan 05, 2010
- SEBI sets disclosure terms for life insurance companies - Oct 26, 2010
- IBM to manage Bharti Airtel's IT operations in Africa - Sep 17, 2010
- Bharti to ink final agreement with Kuwait's Zain Tuesday - Mar 29, 2010