Bharti Airtel launches 3G service in Delhi circleMarch 3rd, 2011 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 3 (IANS) Telecom giant Bharti Airtel Thursday launched its third generation (3G) service in the national capital region spanning Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad and Noida.
“We are definitely witnessing the tipping point of non-voice and data explosion in this country and will be bringing the Airtel 3G advantage pan-India soon as promised,” said Atul Bindal, president, mobile services, Bharti Airtel.
The operator has already launched its 3G services in seven cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Mysore, Manipal, Udipi and Jaipur.
According to Bindal, with just over a month since the company began its rollout, their 3G network covered around half a million customers and had 4,500 sites which were available across seven cities.
The company also offers customers different tariff plans.
“Customers can choose from Airtel’s easy-to-understand 3G tariff plans, which have been crafted to prevent ‘bill shock’ and help customers monitor their consumption of data with personalised data usage limits and alerts,” added Bindal.
The company has lined up packages on a daily basis depending on the application and content requirement of a customer. The company will be promoting a sachet pack wherein the applications will be available for Rs.21 per day.
The 3G services will offer features such as video-calling, mobile TV, video streaming and access to applications at super fast speeds on mobile phones and personal computing devices.
- Bharti Airtel is not a price point player in 3G service (Repeating for all needing) - Jan 28, 2011
- Airtel grabs two million 3G subscribers in India - Apr 05, 2011
- Huawei to manage Bharti Airtel's 4G network in Karnataka - May 01, 2012
- Idea Cellular slashes 3G tariffs by 70 percent - May 22, 2012
- Reliance Communication launches 3G services in four cities (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Airtel slashes 3G data tariff by 70 percent - May 17, 2012
- Bharti Airtel launches 4G services in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- Bharti Airtel launches 3G services in Karnataka - Jan 24, 2011
- Airtel launches 3G international video calling - Jun 27, 2011
- Reliance Communication launches 3G services in four cities - Dec 13, 2010
- Indian telecom firms gearing up for 3G telephony - Jan 24, 2011
- Sibal to launch Bharti Airtel's 4G services Tuesday - Apr 09, 2012
- Looking forward to allocate more spectrum, says Sibal - Dec 23, 2010
- Telecom firms ask government not to stop 3G phone services - Dec 21, 2010
- 3G issue "almost" resolved: Sibal - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: 3g network, 3g services, atul, bharti airtel, coimbatore, computing devices, daily basis, faridabad, gurgaon, half a million, jaipur, mobile services, mobile tv, personal computing, rollout, rs 21, seven cities, telecom giant, tipping point, udipi